Hating WalMart...........

wkmac

I just heard that Africa and even in the UK had some WalMart stores had union shops.

That may be. I googled Walmart union and that article was from 2008' so anything's possible since then. Klein posted where Walmart was leaving Germany so I wonder if the union issue was a factor there.

P

pickup

This was the best story : (if only North Americans would have some of the German attitude) ;)

Like Klein, I am a great admirer of Germany. Along with many European neighbors of that great country, I wish there were two of them (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

It was a reference to the fact that after 2 world wars, many nearby countries, France for example, were actually delighted with the fact that the country of Germany was split into 2 countries(less likely for Germany to start trouble again). Just bustin' Klein's chops.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were busting Kleins chops I`d ask where have the Germans been shoving those cucumbers to cause such a e-coli outbreak. Seems they`re more than up to their ass in weiners.

P

pickup

If you were busting Kleins chops I`d ask where have the Germans been shoving those cucumbers to cause such a e-coli outbreak. Seems they`re more than up to their ass in weiners.

I'd say they've been storing them in the same place that Klein pulls his ideas out of .

klein

Für Meno :)

If you haven't heard , yet. The outbreak was from a local German ,from all sources, an organic sprout farm.
It's now safe to eat any veggies there or elsewhere in Europe.

P

pickup

If you haven't heard , yet. The outbreak was from a local German ,from all sources, an organic sprout farm.
It's now safe to eat any veggies there or elsewhere in Europe.

Keep believing what the authorities tell you , Klein. What a good German you would have made. Oh, wait...

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard something awhile ago from the guy who 's in charge of produce for Subway Sandwich. He said organic veggies were the worst.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve never said that WalMart employees were enslaved--I believe he was referring to the employees of the vendors/suppliers of WalMart. WalMart is known for the pressure they put on their vendors, some of which have been forced out of business trying to meet their demands.
No, in 3rd world countries slavery is "not illegal" ...I won't say "legal" but not addressed. That is why Wal-Mart goes over there, they hire slaves who do not work for actual money but for Wal-Mart "credits". They also live there in shanty 5x5 rooms.

That is what they are, sweatshops, in American or a modern world society that would be called slavery.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When you say something is documented, there's usually documentation to prove it's happening.
I don't claim to be any expert on this but have some idea of the past 20-30 years of major corporations shifting their production overseas.
I know you are a far right conservative and probably thrilled Wal-Mart promotes slavery, but in reality next time, do a quick search on the 'net before you make posts like this. It's not too hard.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't give a flying fig about Walmart, my comment was because when someone says "it's documented" they usually provide the documentation. Nothing at all to do with Walmart or what I think of them or any other company or my political views or subjects in any threads at all......... just the claim of "it's documented".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't give a flying fig about Walmart, my comment was because when someone says "it's documented" they usually provide the documentation. Nothing at all to do with Walmart or what I think of them or any other company or my political views or subjects in any threads at all......... just the claim of "it's documented".
clearly you are being disagreeable when with just the easiest of internet searches one can find the answers. That is why it is political, bias is pretty obvious when one publishes so much of themselves.

Notice how I provided information and you did not comment on it...no...you just went after the single post. You can ignore the documentation I provided, after all, it does not fit your agendas anyway.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, I'm guilty for using Walmart for an oil change and getting a tire replacement. Almost bought a car battery there, too, but they were sold out of them.
I don't shop at Walmart, but after doing internet and phone call research. The tire, and oil change alone saved me close to $100.
If the battery was still in stock at the time and location, I would have saved another $50.

I paid 1/3 less then any other Automotive place. Had to do , what I had to do !

But, shopping for clothing/food or any other items.. nope, hate the place !
And yeah, hate Costco, too !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I had to go 5 or 6 pages back to find the post I made......I'm only reading going forward.....but in checking backward, you mentioned in post 22 that you saw it on TV....and then in post 20, something about Dateline. That to me is not documentation.

Sometimes people don't have options. I'm glad you have many different stores to choose from. Here, barring costly freeway trips, Walmart is the only game in town!! If I can get a product at Walmart for $1.09 and the same exact product costs $2.50 at my grocery store.....I'm getting it at Walmart. I have to budget................I know our country doesn't have to, but my money is finite!