Hating WalMart...........

wkmac

Several years ago. a documentary film on Walmart was made. Here it is so judge for yourself and watch or not watch.

[video=youtube;Hftb_DVuelo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hftb_DVuelo[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've never liked gov't subsidies....starting when I knew the P.O. got them. Maybe we could have a balanced budget if all payments of this type were stopped.....foreign aid, subsidies to company's and all wasted projects (like that shrimp on the treadmill) ( and the smelt in mid-CA.).

I don't know the solution to the foreign workers situations. People in America don't have jobs. That's where my concern lies presently.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Several years ago. a documentary film on Walmart was made. Here it is so judge for yourself and watch or not watch.

[video=youtube;Hftb_DVuelo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hftb_DVuelo[/video]

Thank you and this is not the documentary...the one I saw was on overseas slavery practices, some of it undercover stuff too IIRC.

Last edited:

Mammabrown

Being an ex employee of Wal Mart I know for a fact that Mr. Sam would not only be "displeased", but more likely is rolling over and over in his grave about today's Wal Mart. I worked for Wal Mart back in the mid 80's and was actually afforded (as was the rest of the store) the opportunity to sit down and eat a meal and attend a party in which Sam Walton danced in a tu tu on the registers for the fund raising results our store accomplished during an Easter Seals campaign. He was a pleasant down to earth man, that spoke of the need to buy American made products and to treat employees with dignity and respect. I know that having a conversation with a man doesn't mean that I knew him on a personal level and knew his heart but in those days that was the way WM did business and therefore I have no reason to doubt his intentions or beliefs. WalMart has severely declined in the years since his death but they will only get away with what we allow them to. If the public would ban together and make WM aware of their displeasure, hit them where they feel it (in their pocket) then perhaps some good would come of all the talk but unless "the people" are willing to do so it's all just blowing smoke aka venting and that doesn't help anyone.

HomeDelivery

sorry, but with my meager wages with pseudo-FedEx, I have to buy at the lowest price... walmart is one of them that I can go to...

eBay also; factoring the cost of shipping and the china-sellers are still out-selling the american sellers when it comes to petty electronic gadgets and other things... I recently bought rechargeable batteries for 1/3 of the price from regular brick-n-mortar stores, including Walmart (sometimes buying directly from the manufacturer does save $$$)

wkmac

sorry, but with my meager wages with pseudo-FedEx, I have to buy at the lowest price... walmart is one of them that I can go to...

eBay also; factoring the cost of shipping and the china-sellers are still out-selling the american sellers when it comes to petty electronic gadgets and other things... I recently bought rechargeable batteries for 1/3 of the price from regular brick-n-mortar stores, including Walmart (sometimes buying directly from the manufacturer does save $$$)

You can also beat Walmart in the bricks and mortar sphere too.

HomeDelivery

wk, i also shop there as well... sucks having to get less pay for a similar job, but I don't want to go through the hassle of joining brown again

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A thread about WalMart and you are not sure how Sam Walton would be relevant?

Speak facts, not agenda. Or is that a problem for you?

If you read the article (which I'm assuming you did for the sake of this post), good for you. If not, the articles premise is about Wal-Mart \today and it's Good Will, Job Creation, Saving People money, helping small business, aiding in world economies thriving, feeding the poor, curing cancer, rescuing pets....etc.

The problem is, Sam Walton has been dead for 20 years (24 years since he stepped down as CEO) and the company has taken a major turn in those 20 years since. Notice in '88 when he stepped down, the first SuperStore arrived. So therefore, given the current worldwide issues of worldwide cheap labor/slave camps/child labor, deterring and squashing small business, overproduction/excesses burden, pending/past lawsuits, right down the list...I do not personally think Sam Walton is at all relevant to todays Wal-Mart. Although Wal-Mart was a huge and thriving company in the late 80s early 90s, it was nowhere near, ideologically encompassing, the gutless, cheating, monopolizing bohemeth it came to be.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Relevency after his death.......I only have to look at Carl Karcher......................Carl's Jr. is turning out great burgers (jalapeno burger) many years after his passing. Somebody grabs the legacy and runs with it.

av8torntn

Speak facts, not agenda. Or is that a problem for you?

If you read the article (which I'm assuming you did for the sake of this post), good for you. If not, the articles premise is about Wal-Mart \today and it's Good Will, Job Creation, Saving People money, helping small business, aiding in world economies thriving, feeding the poor, curing cancer, rescuing pets....etc.

The problem is, Sam Walton has been dead for 20 years (24 years since he stepped down as CEO) and the company has taken a major turn in those 20 years since. Notice in '88 when he stepped down, the first SuperStore arrived. So therefore, given the current worldwide issues of worldwide cheap labor/slave camps/child labor, deterring and squashing small business, overproduction/excesses burden, pending/past lawsuits, right down the list...I do not personally think Sam Walton is at all relevant to todays Wal-Mart. Although Wal-Mart was a huge and thriving company in the late 80s early 90s, it was nowhere near, ideologically encompassing, the gutless, cheating, monopolizing bohemeth it came to be.

Which if you read the article which I assume that you did not they show how they company still follows the blueprint laid out by Mr. Walton.