Have a candy

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Jun 1, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I'm posting this out of curiosity. When you walk into an office and there is a big bowl of candy or mints...do you help yourself?

I've always kind of shied away from grabbing them unless it was offered to me figuring they were put there for their customers, not their UPS guy...but when I was recently trained on my new route my sup was grabbing a couple from every dish/bowl we came across (which was several).

So, what say you? Do you help yourself or do you wait to be asked?

2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

If they are out and in easy reach, they are fair game. Just don't abuse it by taking several at a time.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I have a sweet tooth but always make sure to ask first.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Unless they're individually wrapped that bowl is teeming with germs from every hand that's been in it.

Pass

5. I'll have 2,please!

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If there isn't dust on them I'll take one.

7. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Im digging in. A couple post offices make sure to give me some. Almost every day.

8. It depends if I'm watching my figure. Usually when I'm not watching what I'm eating there's nothing out. When I'm trying to be good it's right there. I'd rather there be nothing so I wouldn't have to control myself.

9. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

It's there for a reason...

but I would ask out of courtesy when I was a mailman and a courier at FedEx

10. CharleyHustle

CharleyHustle Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Fragile

Fragile Active Member

LOL @ this thread; if I ate everywhere I can on the route I'd gain a lot of weight fast.

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

This one church I deliver to has fireballs, one of my favorite hard candies. She purposely fills it up so that I bring her packages up to the office instead of delivering them downstairs. I'm easy like that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

Hands are too dirty for M&Ms and the like, and ain't nobody got time fo' no wrapper.

14. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Some places put things other than candy in their candy dishes.

15. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

My wife is in charge of the candy bowl where she works. She works inside a large office with many cubicles, so Joe Public wouldn't see it, only other employees. The company she works for doesn't subsidize her. We sometimes spend $60.00/week on this candy. Though it's not required, she accepts donations to help defray the costs. She went to Sam's just yesterday and probably spent $75.00. The irony is, we're both diabetic and can't eat it.

16. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

I pack a bag with a snack and plenty of water and a couple gatorades each day. I hardly ever take any freebies. If asked if I would like a piece of candy or drink I politely tell them I have all I need in the truck already. But Than You anyway.
    I don't want to ruin my lunch cause I'm stopping for lunch somewhere between 12 and 2.

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

With all the people that touch our boards I think we see every germ there is anyway.

18. Rico

Rico Active Member

When I had the UNH route I always made sure to be delivering to the Sororities around 12. For some strange reason, walking in the front door with thier Lands End and VS packages always got me an invite to stay for lunch. No candy though.

19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I don't recall ever putting my board in my mouth but hey, to each his own.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Treats are nice, but the companies that give you access to their fridge are better! I've got a few that let me grab a can of soda or a bottle of water any time I want one.

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List