Have a candy

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm posting this out of curiosity. When you walk into an office and there is a big bowl of candy or mints...do you help yourself?

I've always kind of shied away from grabbing them unless it was offered to me figuring they were put there for their customers, not their UPS guy...but when I was recently trained on my new route my sup was grabbing a couple from every dish/bowl we came across (which was several).

So, what say you? Do you help yourself or do you wait to be asked?

It depends if I'm watching my figure. Usually when I'm not watching what I'm eating there's nothing out. When I'm trying to be good it's right there. I'd rather there be nothing so I wouldn't have to control myself.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
This one church I deliver to has fireballs, one of my favorite hard candies. She purposely fills it up so that I bring her packages up to the office instead of delivering them downstairs. I'm easy like that.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My wife is in charge of the candy bowl where she works. She works inside a large office with many cubicles, so Joe Public wouldn't see it, only other employees. The company she works for doesn't subsidize her. We sometimes spend $60.00/week on this candy. Though it's not required, she accepts donations to help defray the costs. She went to Sam's just yesterday and probably spent $75.00. The irony is, we're both diabetic and can't eat it.

9.5er

I pack a bag with a snack and plenty of water and a couple gatorades each day. I hardly ever take any freebies. If asked if I would like a piece of candy or drink I politely tell them I have all I need in the truck already. But Than You anyway.
I don't want to ruin my lunch cause I'm stopping for lunch somewhere between 12 and 2.

Rico

When I had the UNH route I always made sure to be delivering to the Sororities around 12. For some strange reason, walking in the front door with thier Lands End and VS packages always got me an invite to stay for lunch. No candy though.

STFXG

Treats are nice, but the companies that give you access to their fridge are better! I've got a few that let me grab a can of soda or a bottle of water any time I want one.

Sent using BrownCafe App