Have a good Labor Day

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
They are running a sort in my building today, Labor Day.
It was reported that the supervisors were telling these employees that their attendance is mandatory.
Not sure whether the Local agreed to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
They already agreed to allow the company to extend the vacation replacement period (aka seasonal) for a week.
SMH
Kind of the same scenario in my hub as well. They are running a day sort and supervisors and managers are telling employees it's mandatory to work... Their saying everyone will get paid OT(over 5 hours which is normal) and double time regardless of seniority. I didn't fall for it when they told me I could work if I wanted to because I haven't made seniority yet and I know I wouldn't get double time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug is not a prick.... everyday.

Despite claims to the contrary....I certainly don't think I know it all.

One more helpful piece, of contract language.

"Any lesser conditions contained in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum shall be superseded by the conditions contained in this Master Agreement. However, except where specifically stated otherwise in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement shall deprive any employee of any superior benefit contained in their Supplement, Rider or Addendum."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

So feel free to speak up.

That is the final piece to this puzzle.

Make us proud.... by solving it.

-Bug-

*PayPal prices will be increased 4.9% to reflect UPS up-charges*

UniteandWin

No those aren't the only two double time holidays. The question was asked earlier about a sort running on Labor Day. There is isn't a supplement in the country that will not punch double time on Labor day before 12: 01 am. If there is I want it quoted, because thats ridiculous

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

Now if some people are getting screwed because of ignorance or shady management, that's a different thread

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

Let me be the first person in Brown Cafe history to say I may be wrong about that in Air Operations riders in Philly or Louisville

Sent using BrownCafe App

Timtron22

I have a quick question. My supervisor told me i had an extra day of vacation(just came back this monday) because since i was off on labor day weekend, it didn't count due to everyone being off.. Is that true that i get an extra day off?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a quick question. My supervisor told me i had an extra day of vacation(just came back this monday) because since i was off on labor day weekend, it didn't count due to everyone being off.. Is that true that i get an extra day off?

Yes. If you schedule a vacation week that has a holiday(s) within it you can opt for the extra pay or an extra unpaid day off.