Have an interview for a PT Supervisor position Monday, good idea or bad?

arctyler

My SIL is an Albany firefighter yet lives in Delmar. (Shhhh, don't tell anyone). He told me that the city was forced to "dumb down" the exam when a bunch of blacks complained that the tests were biased.
Lmfao how does that even make sense.... and I actually have a few buddies in Albany fire too, they don't live in the city anymore either... whoops.....

arctyler

He had a "residence" in the city in order to satisfy the residency requirement.
Yeah I think that's only until you get hired, then I don't think they pay attention to where you live... At least thats the only way I think they are living way far out of the city while still being employed

EDIT: Also by the "make sense" part, I was talking about how does it make sense to dumb down an exam to make it easier, doesn't mean they will pass the PAT test lmao

arctyler

Works that way in nearly every major municipality.

Years ago they tried to force our local firefighters to live within the city limits. Failed.
You can say that again!

Also, you think if I go in for this interview tomorrow I might be able to negotiate my way into an hourly position instead possibly? I was thinking about inquiring for that position too while I'm there, as they are hiring PH's. I'm also going to look real good going in there tomorrow, just got some teeth taken out, face looks like a balloon from the swelling, going to be a real good time tomorrow!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can say that again!

Also, you think if I go in for this interview tomorrow I might be able to negotiate my way into an hourly position instead possibly? I was thinking about inquiring for that position too while I'm there, as they are hiring PH's. I'm also going to look real good going in there tomorrow, just got some teeth taken out, face looks like a balloon from the swelling, going to be a real good time tomorrow!

Don't you think "PT Supervisor at United Parcel Service" would look better on your resume than "I put boxes on trucks"?

What are you afraid of? That people won't like you? WDFD. You are only going to be there for a year or two----who gives a :censored2: what people think of you.

arctyler

Don't you think "PT Supervisor at United Parcel Service" would look better on your resume than "I put boxes on trucks"?

What are you afraid of? That people won't like you? WDFD. You are only going to be there for a year or two----who gives a :censored2: what people think of you.
That's true too, and a pretty good point, :censored2:it, I'll go for it then, pretty good pay rate to be there temporarily, and not looking to make a career out of it.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
If you can get into a center as an OMS go for it. If not I would stay out of operations, especially the preload.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Good post, Dude.

Right from the heart.