Have an interview for courier driver in Edmonton AB - would i want the job??

menotyou

bella amicizia
AVIVA, Insurance Company ?
Not sure if we have them here in Alberta.

I'm a crazy airmile collector. Get most of my services from airmile sponsors (in my case Johnson & Johnson Insurance) gives me free airmiles. :)
Thank you!!:happy-very: They are in Quebec. I found that out!:funny:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info so far - one last thing - the medical, what does it involve: I don't use drugs but had a bag bike crash 11 yrs ago broke a few bones, all is healed now (with lots of scars) now my knee cruches but I walk for miles with no aches and pains - are they likely to have an issue with suitability for employment because of 'crisping' / crunching knee?

klein

Für Meno :)
They don't do drug-testing anymore.
Medical is more of a Physical.
They make you excersize, you do some lifting, walking with weights, even some gymnastics (where you never knew you had muscles - yoga style and more) and eye exam.
I'll think you'll be ok.
You'll will have to kneel down and stuff like that (it's the proper way to lift up packages)

No need to worry about that.
Not sure if anyone ever failed it.

Well looks like it went well, they took my details to do a criminal records check and they want me to get my driver abstract, do a half hour test drive and have a final interview to 'make sure I know what I'm getting into' (thought that was a strange phase).

klein

Well looks like it went well, they took my details to do a criminal records check and they want me to get my driver abstract, do a half hour test drive and have a final interview to 'make sure I know what I'm getting into' (thought that was a strange phase).

Congrats, you'll probably start Monday or Tuesday at 8am for class !

If you change your mind, Flint Energy is hiring a bunch of people for Safety Watch.
I applied today.
Easiest money you'll ever earn !

Congrats, you'll probably start Monday or Tuesday at 8am for class !

If you change your mind, Flint Energy is hiring a bunch of people for Safety Watch.
I applied today.
Easiest money you'll ever earn !

Already applied to Flint for safety watch a few weeks agao. May chase that up tomorrow actually. As for start dates they say the start date will be May 2nd.

klein

Already applied to Flint for safety watch a few weeks agao. May chase that up tomorrow actually. As for start dates they say the start date will be May 2nd.

I was tempted to apply at Greyhound courier today. They are URGENTLY seeking 2 drivers for Nisku and Leduc (I done both areas with UPS).
But, the ride for me there is just too far (live far north of the city).
Starting wage there is $14, and bennies kick in after 3 months (UPS 1 year).
And shorter hrs at Greyhound (from 8am-5pm).

With some luck I'll meet you at Flint ! LOL
I just came off a Safety Job in Genesee.
You don't basically lift a finger... but you do realize you are like 3 weeks on, then a week off and sometimes outside the city.
Then, again 1 weeks worth of "work" (watch), pays over $2000 gross.

klein

Hey Blue, did you get the e-mail today (13th April) to go to the Flint virtual job fair ?

Not sure yet if I'm going. Gee , they have my resume....
I might be there tomorrow though.....
You ?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Klein

I bet you do wonderful at the virtual Job. Along with the virtual lunch and virtual beer. And the virtual date with the virtual gal. Of course that is assuming you prefer gals.........back to your virtual search for the virtual job.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
Klein

I bet you do wonderful at the virtual Job. Along with the virtual lunch and virtual beer. And the virtual date with the virtual gal. Of course that is assuming you prefer gals.........back to your virtual search for the virtual job.

d
Did you forget virtual vacation ?

klein

You guys try to be funny LOL
As far as I remember their online job ad, they are seeking 200 people in the Edmonton area alone. But even more province wide.
They will train all these people and pay for the oil & gas certificates that the potential new employees need.
However, not everyone will be lucky to get hired on, but the certificates are yours to keep.
I think it's a great deal, myself.

the received e-mail : (and it was mass sent to 26 people all together, probably to those that have already directly applied online on their website)

Flint’s Recruitment department has partnered with Alberta government to deliver a province-wide online career fair on April 14th, 2011 at 1:30pm. Find out at our first-ever "virtual" job fair. – Find out what? Is this a fragment? Hear from Flint executive via web cast about all the exciting opportunities for trades and staff roles. Apply for jobs online right at Alberta Employment and Immigration offices or get in direct contact with Flint recruiters onsite at specific locations.
Alberta Employment and Immigration Job Fair
Date: April 14, 2011
Time: 1:30 PM