Have any Centers put out food this peak?

9/5Everyday

Seriously, come on guys, No more food for xmas, no safe driving awards!!!!!!!!! We are a company that makes 5 billion a quarter!! We can't afford to give drivers like us a little something to make the big wigs look good! Do your job, be safe, and bring it in. We strive on no injuries, but yet won't reward you!!!! You make $30 an hour, and we pay supervisors $100,000 a year to pick up misloads!!! Food? We ain't going to give you stinking food!!!!!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
finance will put out specific mandates against christmas parties this time of the year in order to discourage a surge in spending. Managers have to find creative reasons to feed their people.

Perhaps they have someone or several someones retiring or they need to do some long overdue safety recognition or a safety kickoff to start the next year out positively. Those of you that have something should take the time to thank their managers for having the desire and creativity to sell a reason.

satellitedriver

Just my take,
I chose to work at UPS and have been grateful for the money that I earned to put daily food on my table.
The greed of entitlement sickens me.
My personal wish is that UPS would take every cent that they waste on coffee, donuts, ice, and "feel good" programs and invest it into the decaying infrastructure of our nation.
Personal story;
In the late 1980's a fellow driver's son received a Jim Casey college scholarship. He was thrilled for the help to pay his sons tuition.
Last November I was diagnosed with colon cancer.
The man that found the cancer, and helped in my surgery, turned out to be the same young man that had won the scholarship.
What are the odds?
Those few dollars from the scholarship helped him start his path into the medical field and helped me have a few more productive years.
Food for thought,
Steve

upsman68

We are having a fried catfish and chicken tonight. I look forward to it because you can sit around and talk to other drivers about your peak season.

It little things like this that can bring up morale.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Our center manager came through - Spaghetti and penne pasta with marinara and garlic bread. Not too shabby.

tracker2762

we are having a breakfast tomorrow so we can go right home after work. I always enjoy these since it will be time worked and I don't have to take an hour lunch. The breakfast will hold me over till I'm done.

UPSBluRdg03

Got a little bag this morning that said it was from SANTA. Had a orange, box of raisins, oatmeal pie and a candy cane. Better than nothing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have two centers 50 yards apart from each other. I wouldn't care really either way but when you are in one center and you get in and your sups are gone and there is not a whiff of anything and htne 50 yards away drivers from teh other center are enjoying 4, 6 foot subs and 4 huge trays of wings while their sups are still all there, you tend to feel kind of slighted.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had broasted chicken, period. It was good. No one else was there, just me and one guy who is retiring tomorrow. God bless his 37 yrs. I was going to break out one of my bv bottles, but he was just hungry. So we ate and I came home, and here I am. it was a nice gesture. "my fault for getting in so late"

dillweed

We got subs, chips, cookies, pop and 10 minute extra break. Also a "thank you" for showing up and doing a good, safe job. I was very happy with the whole deal.

over9five

Staff member
We got subs, chips, cookies, pop and 10 minute extra break. Also a "thank you" for showing up and doing a good, safe job. I was very happy with the whole deal.

I would have been happy with that. But I guess that wasn't in the budget either.....

dillweed

The food was good but the best part was daily encouragement from our preload sup. He kept himself well under control most of the time and pointed out the misload problem gently - reminding us that these were Christmas presents and had to get to the right area.

Maybe he knew Santa was watching.

old levi's

blank space
We have two centers 50 yards apart from each other. I wouldn't care really either way but when you are in one center and you get in and your sups are gone and there is not a whiff of anything and htne 50 yards away drivers from teh other center are enjoying 4, 6 foot subs and 4 huge trays of wings while their sups are still all there, you tend to feel kind of slighted.

Transfer