Have Any UPS Pics, Cartoons, etc....

K

kidlogic

I was trying to be funny, but I guess I wasnt. Now I know you people who have been ranting on how degrading the picture was to women would never support a site that did such a thing right? I mean after all the foot stomping and verbal attacks you would never stand for such filth and would tell off anyone showing women in such poor light...right??? If you goto to this site where you make virtual postcards you will see a postcard that shows a UPSMAN with 3 women lying SUBMISSIVELY at HIS feet. How degrading lying there. I know you will now be sending the Adminastrator of this site the same rants on how terrible a person she is for putting such a degrading picture on HER site.

B

brownmonster

The previous picture gave me the incentive I need to get thru today. It is a very accurate portrait of me on my area!!!

F

fups

They can be cartoons symbols or anything<font size="+1">

anything... it falls under anything right??

drop it .. talk about something else...</font>}}}

U

ukworker

Cheryl,
Why don't you read the interpretation of a misogynists, on browncow's post? I'd say it fits the postcard. Plus if 480's picture was in such bad taste, why didn't you ask him to remove it? A serious case of bandwagon jumping. Its all in the interpretation, there is one picture of a scantily dressed woman on 480's homepage. There is no other corroborating evidence to support the slurs and accusations levelled at him on this thread. Leave the man alone, don't hang him yet, but if you don't like it stay clear of his homepage.

L

lr1937

And anyone having trouble figuring out what anal retentive is...instead of making rediculous riddles and jokes about it maybe you should consult a dictionary instead of making a full of yourself.
I was only trying to lighten up the discussion on your homepage. I could care less what you put on it since I can choose to visit it or chose not to. As far as my inquirey was concerned it had no riddles. It had questions that were put in a humorous context. I have heard people use this phrase and still have no idea of what they are talking about. I have looked up anal and retentive and behavior since dictionaries generally don't give meanings for phrases, at least not the one I looked it up in. Anal means at or near the anus, retention means retaining or tending to retain and behavior means the way a person behaves or acts. From this I believe that arb must mean I behave like I want to retain anything that is at or near my anus. I have heard many people use the arb terminology and was embarassed to ask what it was. I find that when people are reluctant to expain what they mean they may not have a clue as to what it means but have heard it enough to repeat it since it sounds like something clever.
By the way I am sorry if I made a full of myself. Perhaps you could tell me what a full is and why you think I made a full of myself? While you or someone is at it please correct me if my definition of anal retentive behavior is incorrect and correctly define arb.
Sorry if my questions regarding anal retentive behavior offended you.

M

moreluck

anal retentive personality

n : (psychoanalysis) a personality characterized by meticulous neatness and suspicion and reserve; formed in early childhood by fixation during the anal stage of development (as a consequence of toilet training) [syn: anal personality]

M

moreluck

1) anal-retentive. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.
...Psychology Indicating personality traits, such as meticulousness, avarice, and obstinacy, originating in habits, attitudes, or values associated with infantile pleasure...

D

dannyboy

UK

The photo was on his website. Therefor Cheryl has no jurisdiction. The objections came when he offered it up for viewing with some missrepresentation, and the rest is history. If I want sleez, it can be found just about anywhere. About the only thing that I found as advertised was the photo of the UPS FDX confrontation, that has been widely circulated.

And the warning that something like that could get you fired at work were mostly scoffed at. Let them learn.

d

U

upslocal480

Ir1937...my bad. Sometimes it's hard to tell what you are actually trying to say in your posts. I guess you are one of those people where it would be easier to tell by your tone of voice and body movements but obviously that is absent on a message board. It's all good. Your comment that you chose not to visit it or not is the key and I think and others need to realize that. That would solve their little problem.

"Cheryl,
Why don't you read the interpretation of a misogynists, on browncow's post? I'd say it fits the postcard. Plus if 480's picture was in such bad taste, why didn't you ask him to remove it? A serious case of bandwagon jumping. Its all in the interpretation, there is one picture of a scantily dressed woman on 480's homepage. There is no other corroborating evidence to support the slurs and accusations levelled at him on this thread. Leave the man alone, don't hang him yet, but if you don't like it stay clear of his homepage."

EXACTLY!! And the worst thing about all this is that people are trying to make it sound like they were tricked into viewing that picture. LOL. Blamming me for their own mistake and branding me a lesser person by passing judgment on me based on their own personal beliefs..HOW PATHETIC.

C

cheryl

uk worker, I see your point, the cartoon could fit into the misogynyst point of view, if you want to look at it that way.

I've really tried to stay out of this thread because (although I may be being naive) I really don't think that upslocal480 meant any harm when he posted the picture and that he is probably surprised that so many people are ticked off. Pop culture is built on objectifying women and marketing their sex appeal (Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stephani etc). It's all around us... and I don't think most people give it a second thought, especially testosterone soaked young men.

Conversations like this are a good way to share alternate viewpoints and shed some light on a subject that is not talked about often enough. My only suggestion is to try not to take everything so seriously, everyone is entitled to their own point of view and you're probably not going to change anyone's mind on a discussion board.

B

brownmonster

That picture has been around for so long I'm suprised everyone hasn't seen it long before now. I was going to put it on my thank you cards for my Christmas gifts but my wife thought a picture of the Flame Truck would be less offensive.

C

cheryl

Okay... now that I have received email from a couple of people that are disappointed in me for failing to take a hardline stance against that sleezy picture I need to apologize if I gave anyone the impression that I endorse such things or that I think it's socially acceptable. I do think that this kind of attitude toward women is very prevalent in our society and I really don't think that most people ever think about it at all. That's why I think it's important to talk about it...

Most of you probably don't know that I'm the mother of a teenage daughter, so I deal many of these issues everyday. You cannot imagine the number of conversations I have every week about the downside of skimpy clothing and MTV fueled images of women as sex objects...
icon19.gif
you should see some of those shows on MTV...

K

kidlogic

Cheryl the point was not to get you involved , but to show like in your cartoon the intention was not to degrade the person in the picture. Or to offend. Your picture shows a man being looked at in a sexual manner. The picture of the women on the link the same. You say your cartoon wasnt intended as insulting but could be spun into offensive by the mentality of this thread. We all know the intent, but like most items on this site mole hills into mountains. What one could find more offensive is the line." I didn't realize it was your stroking page " at least the picture let the viewer decide on how to take the picture, but Dammor's comment doesnt. I guess she decides what is offensive and whats not. Seems hypocriticle to me.

U

upslocal480

Yeah the "stroking page" comment could have easily been considered offensive. But a comment like that is to be expected here I guess. I really didn't pay it no mind and have no desire to make a big deal about it like people have done with my girl picture. It's all good.

D

dammor

Kid, Do you really believe the cartoon of women looking up with admiration and perhaps an attraction to the UPS guy can be compared to an actual picture of a woman bent over with her rear hanging out? The two are very far apart.
As I said before, there is nothing I can say that will change any attitudes here. Sorry if my stroking comment offended you. Hope it didn't slow you down.

U

upslocal480

Ok now if it's ok with some of you and doesn't offend you or go against all you stand for and won't turn your worlds upside down....I'm asking if anyone has ANY pics, cartoons, WHATEVER. I'd really like that UPS Porsche picture. I saw it a few years ago but can't remember where.

M

my2cents

If 480 is guilty of anything, its bad taste, even though it appears many people have been offended by the images on his site. The girlie pic pales in comparison to the magazine cover Larry Flynt published years ago. Flynt won his First Amendment case, but he paid a high price for doing so.

To be honest, I was more surprised with the "United Pot Smoker" logo. Is this an image the company wants to project to the public, as displayed by one of its employees? I think not. Personally, I think 480's page would be a burden to have in its present form. IMO, a bad mixture of elements all in one place.

L

lr1937

moreluck
Thanks for helping me retrieve my head from you know where regarding anal-rententive behavior. I have heard this phrase used many times and had many ideas about what it meant. When I heard some one telling another to get their head out of their a@#, I considered the person the remark was directed at to be practicing the fine art of arb. I shall be forever grateful for your clarifying this schittie subject. I have returned from the darkest depths of ignorance(if you know what I mean) and now see the light of day.

B

brownmonster

480 The porsche picture used to be here on The Brown Cafe under planes, trains and automobiles. Can't seem to find that section anymore. I bought a 1/18 scale diecast of the Porsche on Ebay. Pretty cool. Monster