Have anyone heard that Amazon is disgruntled about UPS?

bbsam

Staff member
Amazon has the money to buy UPS. Amazon has zero experience with union workers so they would be very reluctant. Amazon isn't disgruntled with UPS they don't like the grip the union has on the company. Since FEDX express and ground mirror rate increases with UPS the key to lower shipping cost (the heart soul and core of Amazons business model) is to break UPS unionized workers.
This idea has been floated before. Considering Amazons lack of profit generation, what makes you think they could buy UPS?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This idea has been floated before. Considering Amazons lack of profit generation, what makes you think they could buy UPS?

The 10 - 1 ratio of Class A to Class B was put in place to prohibit a hostile take over or buyout.
So regardless of how much money a company has, they cannot buy UPS.

upschuck

And There is possibility to discontinue the business with UPS.

Back to the original statement, I read Amazon message boards, and most people seem to want UPS and to a lesser extent FedEx to deliver there packages, and not the lower priced regional companies. So if they discontinued using UPS, I'm sure there would be some backlash against Amazon, and they surely don't like Surepost or FedEx's version either.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Amazon has the money to buy UPS. Amazon has zero experience with union workers so they would be very reluctant. Amazon isn't disgruntled with UPS they don't like the grip the union has on the company. Since FEDX express and ground mirror rate increases with UPS the key to lower shipping cost (the heart soul and core of Amazons business model) is to break UPS unionized workers.
Ups profit 5 billion a year. Amazon profit barely pennies on the dollar compared to that. It would take billions upon billions to buy ups. Not sure amazon has that type of money. Ups isn't selling anyway.

rod

Retired 22 years
[/quote]
Back to the original statement, I read Amazon message boards, and most people seem to want UPS and to a lesser extent FedEx to deliver there packages, and not the lower priced regional companies. So if they discontinued using UPS, I'm sure there would be some backlash against Amazon, and they surely don't like Surepost or FedEx's version either.

I would disagree. Most people don't give a darn who delivers their package just as long as it is on time and in good shape

upschuck

I would disagree. Most people don't give a darn who delivers their package just as long as it is on time and in good shape
That is the caveat, on time and in good shape.

Have you read the Amazon message boards? There are a lot more disgruntled customers from the lower priced carriers, than with UPS/FedEx, and we probably carry most the packages. We may have trouble during peak, they have trouble year around. Most people want us to deliver their packages.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That is the caveat, on time and in good shape.

Have you read the Amazon message boards? There are a lot more disgruntled customers from the lower priced carriers, than with UPS/FedEx, and we probably carry most the packages. We may have trouble during peak, they have trouble year around. Most people want us to deliver their packages.
Well that and the shorts. Ladies love the shorts.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Well there is your problem...

word through the union...

Staffed to the gills here and people are still beating down my door to get hired. All my drivers went into today with over 15 hours left for the week and we are not working Sat!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Staffed to the gills here and people are still beating down my door to get hired. All my drivers went into today with over 15 hours left for the week and we are not working Sat!
Does "The Dragon" live in a "Bubble of Goodness"?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

UPS is a very large company and thus experiences may differ. In my facility last week, both the Preload and Local Sort failed to finish (twice each) and oodles of drivers timed out & brought back hundreds of stops. You can defend your peers all you'd like, but you're merely B.S.ing yourself. This week, with much better planning, everything finished on time -- although we're plagued with the problem of contract drivers arriving in the late morning/early afternoon.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Oh, please.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Amazon is mostly fictional money with few capital assets. It looks good to stock market but in the mood of investors changes that stock will crash and burn.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/secfilings.asp?ticker=AMZN

Amazon has over 5 billion in cash and its stock is worth over 83 billion and as of 2012 over 51 billion in sales. That's a lot of fictional value. :didimiss:

Amazon could easily leverage its own asset, get financing, and sell shares of the newly combined company to raise the dough. As I said before its a company (UPS) that Amazon knows very little about. Its one thing to put something in a box and ship it out the back its another to run a 24/7/365 transportation company. :strikesmileys: