Have anyone heard that Amazon is disgruntled about UPS?

upscat

Exactly. Sometimes the deal seems like good sense like AOL buying Time Warner that ends up bunk or ARM buying United and seem to work. Nothing is out of the question when money and ambition meet. So how's my lame and wasted argument going now?

yes miene fuhrer de kinda youth will drive off those 300 divisons of battlehardened russian troops

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Amazon growth rate from 2011 to 2012 was 27%. They are the largest internet sales company and portal on the internet. Internet sales still only account for 10% of all retail sales. If Amazon where to only maintain its growth rate for 5 years its sales will be over 215 billion $$$$. 10 years 557 BILLION. That's why its stock is flying. Its all about the growth.

With that kind of cash flow and the way it makes its money buying a shipping company makes absolute sense. UPS is small potatoes and at a cheap price compared with what Amazon will be in 5-10 years.

Growth for the sake of growth is another name for cancer. Again, for all of Amazon's sales, they still struggle to make a PROFIT. If, as you say, Amazon hates unions, then wouldn't it only make sense for them to simply scoop up Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex is smaller than us. Hell, Amazon could just buy up Fed-Ex before peak is over with, right?

Dracula

There comes a time when you should let go of a bad argument rather then adding to it. A potential buyer can not buy the higher voting rights of class A shares. Any shares sold have to convert to B shares with one tenth of the voting rights. Not selling is not necessarily a breach of FR in any terms. Instant profit would have to be weighed against the prospects of future profit. FR involves doing whats right for the company and its employees not selling the company to the first salesman with pretty beads that shows up.

Shhh, let the guy run with his fantasy...

upscat

Growth for the sake of growth is another name for cancer. Again, for all of Amazon's sales, they still struggle to make a PROFIT. If, as you say, Amazon hates unions, then wouldn't it only make sense for them to simply scoop up Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex is smaller than us. Hell, Amazon could just buy up Fed-Ex before peak is over with, right?

The way they like to lose money they may actually like uinions. not to mention that TV show bashing Conservatives they are running.

Dracula

what if he's right? should you analyse his post based on whether its right or wrong?

Then I guess we should all worry everyday, lose sleep and call Jeff Bezos our new boss.

And why we're at it, lets go back to last Spring...we're all going on strike, we're going be working for half as much and we're going to lose our health insurance.

There is reality, then there is paranoia.

fiddledee

Growth for the sake of growth is another name for cancer. ?

you realize growth creates jobs? You realize you would not have a job like you do if UPS had not made an effort to grow for the sake of growth and profits? The concept may be evil but the concept allows many of us to feed our families. Should I reject this job from ups because it is rooted in evil and starve my family and I?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
you realize growth creates jobs? You realize you would not have a job like you do if UPS had not made an effort to grow for the sake of growth and profits? The concept may be evil but the concept allows many of us to feed our families. Should I reject this job from ups because it is rooted in evil and starve my family and I?

Ok, whatever.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Of course not, even someone as righteous as wkmac continues to work at UPS regardless of the conflict with his beliefs.

Dracula

Yes. Yes you should.

UPSGUY72

Ups profit 5 billion a year. Amazon profit barely pennies on the dollar compared to that. It would take billions upon billions to buy ups. Not sure amazon has that type of money. Ups isn't selling anyway.

Amazon did make a profit last years they lost money. Check there financials. They might sell a lot of stuff but free shipping is killing them to a tune of $3 billions a year +.