Have to transfer

Swing4Life

My current location in Indiana is going to get blasted this peak. Hasnt really been the same since the only good Manager we had took a promotion. Anyone know anything about locations in Detroit area? Will they let me go this close to peak? Cant handle another mismanaged peak!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My current location in Indiana is going to get blasted this peak. Hasnt really been the same since the only good Manager we had took a promotion. Anyone know anything about locations in Detroit area? Will they let me go this close to peak? Cant handle another mismanaged peak!

Some locations allow you to leave as long as you sign the offer letter before November 1st. All depends on the SM at your station. Good luck!

SmithBarney

You can still transfer as long as there are openings we aren't in the freeze period yet.. as for Detroit, can't imagine the situation up there is good, lots of unemployed folks... cheap houses though!

AndUPSER

In all seriousness though, we had a guy who tried to transfer up there after last peak season. He would have most likely been granted the transfer if he gave it a little more time, but he quit two weeks into the transfer process and moved up to Detroit and found another job. This was because he found out he had a 3 year old son up there.

He had to apply for school and register for at least one class. He found a community college that takes anybody and registered for some class that he planned to drop anyway.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In all seriousness though, we had a guy who tried to transfer up there after last peak season. He would have most likely been granted the transfer if he gave it a little more time, but he quit two weeks into the transfer process and moved up to Detroit and found another job due to finding out he had a 3 year old son up there.

He had to apply for school and register for at least one class. He found a community college that takes anybody and registered for some class that he planned to drop anyway.

It's a lot easier for us. We just apply for an open job in the system and whoever has most seniority points gets the job. You have to be ready to move within 30 days of returning the offer letter from the new station.

Swing4Life

Wouldnt it be great if you could somehow see sfa scores at locations that have open jobs? Such a crap shoot, get the wrong loc with the wrong Senior and lights out!

I heard Detroit is gone. It's been over run and abandoned.

vantexan

Keep in mind any FT route in a station that's posted in JCATS is almost always a route that the local couriers won't touch. Your best bet is to look for a 4X10 cover. You'll have to know 4 rts but they're usually 4 reasonable rts manned by senior couriers. You don't get any extra compensation like a swing but you know most of the time exactly what rt you'll be doing that day. Plus 4X10 covers usually just take stops from other couriers during Peak, as opposed to being blown out on a regular route. You must be a hardcore urbanite to want to live in Detroit, or maybe you have family there.

overflowed

Keep in mind any FT route in a station that's posted in JCATS is almost always a route that the local couriers won't touch. Your best bet is to look for a 4X10 cover. You'll have to know 4 rts but they're usually 4 reasonable rts manned by senior couriers. You don't get any extra compensation like a swing but you know most of the time exactly what rt you'll be doing that day. Plus 4X10 covers usually just take stops from other couriers during Peak, as opposed to being blown out on a regular route. You must be a hardcore urbanite to want to live in Detroit, or maybe you have family there.
Maybe he's just hardcore Detroit?