Have you changed your 401k allocations within the last week?

Have you changed your 401k allocations recently?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I will soon

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I wish I already had

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too late, we're all going down

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

August 5, 2011 8:43 pm

Just wanted to note the date and time that I agreed with moreluck.

Over, you have more than enough time before you retire for your 401k to bounce back. Moving stuff around after the fact only compounds the damage.

However, I did shudder when I checked my balance and saw that I am down nearly $10K this week alone.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Bailing out now is a foolish move. If you were willing to buy stocks last week, why wouldn't you buy them this week at a cheaper rate? The only rational move is to increase your contribution rate.

I rolled mine over a year ago, I aint lookin at what it all looks like now. I just hope my adviser doesn't jump out of his ground floor office window.

Bailing ,as in completely removing ones money, is a losing option no matter how its looked at. Moving it however into a less risky area is good if you do it before the drop. Moved 90% of mine into the safer options two weeks ago and lost less than a grand. I`ll let the market stabilize and then put it back over the course of a month or so and buy more of the riskier stuff while its cheap.

over9five

Staff member
Bailing ,as in completely removing ones money, is a losing option no matter how its looked at. Moving it however into a less risky area is good if you do it before the drop. Moved 90% of mine into the safer options two weeks ago and lost less than a grand. I`ll let the market stabilize and then put it back over the course of a month or so and buy more of the riskier stuff while its cheap.

Me too. I moved 70% out of the S&P Midcap into other funds.

wkmac

[video=youtube;W4hfdaC7eL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4hfdaC7eL4&feature=player_embedded#at=53[/video]

Hey folks, sometimes the only thing left to do is to just share a laugh together!