Have You Ever Booked Off Because Of The Weather?

Have you ever booked off because you didn't want to work in adverse weather?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
Snow fairies.... We had several of them the other day. Surely they know this screws everyone else who has to cover their work. Obviously, they don't want to work in a snowstorm, no-one does. But when they book off, someone (someONES) has to work even longer in the snowstorm to cover their work.

Now I've booked off because I've been UNABLE to get to work because of the weather. I remember one ice storm when there were so many trees down, it just wasn't possible to get to work. I'm not talking about that. If you browned up, but couldn't make it to work, hell you tried.

upschuck

Can't say I have ever called in because of the weather. I have dreaded coming in, but that was just another part of the job.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It very rarely snows or ices here in Atlanta and when it does it generally turns into a HUGE Crapstorm that I excuse myself from. in 32 years the only times i have ever called in were snow related

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Snow fairies.... We had several of them the other day. Surely they know this screws everyone else who has to cover their work. Obviously, they don't want to work in a snowstorm, no-one does. But when they book off, someone (someONES) has to work even longer in the snowstorm to cover their work.

Now I've booked off because I've been UNABLE to get to work because of the weather. I remember one ice storm when there were so many trees down, it just wasn't possible to get to work. I'm not talking about that. If you browned up, but couldn't make it to work, hell you tried.
I've called in plenty because I couldn't get there but just not to work in it. No.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't think I ever did. Bad weather days were usually easy days.

I did, however, call off my second Christmas Eve because my wife went into labor that morning.