Have You Ever Booked Off Because Of The Weather?

Have you ever booked off because you didn't want to work in adverse weather?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

By The Book

Sure have, if I've sick days and management doesn't mind and I'm extra you betcha! I usually do this when it's raining real hard all day.

rod

Retired 22 years
You have a kid born on Christmas???? How cool is that!!!!

Worst possible Birthday ever for a kid. Cheap :censored2: relatives like to give a combo Christmas/Birthday gift. We went through this with my son who was a Christmas Eve baby. After he was about 5 we started celebrating his B-day with relatives the 1st Saturday after New Years just to split up the two special days.

By The Book

Worst possible Birthday ever for a kid. Cheap :censored2: relatives like to give a combo Christmas/Birthday gift. We went through this with my son who was a Christmas Eve baby. After he was about 5 we started celebrating his B-day with relatives the 1st Saturday after New Years just to split up the two special days.
I bet if most of us older guys were born on xmas eve our parents would be giving each other high fives. They wouldn't feel guilty.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet if most of us older guys were born on xmas eve our parents would be giving each other high fives. They wouldn't feel guilty.

We never felt guilty about his B-day being on Christmas Eve----we felt guilty about having such thoughtless relatives who thought one gift would cover both days.-------until we straightened them out.

upschuck

We never felt guilty about his B-day being on Christmas Eve----we felt guilty about having such thoughtless relatives who thought one gift would cover both days.-------until we straightened them out.
Was it a bigger, better gift than otherwise would have got?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In delivery I always went in but in feeders? Nah. I follow the forecast pretty close and if it's gonna be bad I call it in. We had someone jacknife a set just the other day, it's just not worth it.

UPS4Life

In delivery I always went in but in feeders? Nah. I follow the forecast pretty close and if it's gonna be bad I call it in. We had someone jacknife a set just the other day, it's just not worth it.
We had someone who was going down 95 and a car lost control and hit our driver. By the pictures not much damage the driver(car) supposedly admitted fault and word is the police report places all the fault on the car..... Our sr driver is off for 5 days... I'll rephrase that, he's offered hub work until he can get a ride along.

Over9.5>3Times

That's one of management's favorite excuses when over dispatching the entire building. "Your co-workers called in." At the same time they have 20 part timers wanting to go to cover driving school. Don't blame your co workers, blame management for having an under staffed building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had someone who was going down 95 and a car lost control and hit our driver. By the pictures not much damage the driver(car) supposedly admitted fault and word is the police report places all the fault on the car..... Our sr driver is off for 5 days... I'll rephrase that, he's offered hub work until he can get a ride along.

It is standard procedure to take the driver out of service whenever there is a Tier 3 accident. He should feel fortunate that he was allowed to work in the hub to get his hours.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
what we did was celebrate his half birthday. June 24th to make him feel special. works out great.