Have you ever felt ashamed of yourself for taking up a job at ups?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I felt so stupid right now. UPS isn't what I thought it was before I signed up for it. I could have been an apprentice tiler for my uncle right now making $15 an hour. I used to think that UPS is the only door to a high salary and a decent healthcare with a solid union to protect your job. What I didn't know was that there are a lot of opportunities out there that are way better than UPS that don't take more than a decade to get. My uncle is a tiler who makes $51 an hour with a better healthcare package and better union than teamster. All I needed to do was given him $700 to join the union, then bam. Now I think I'm stuck here until I graduated from college. Oh Jesus, help me through these yrs.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Dude, it's a 3-4 hour job and you don't rely on it to pay your bills.

Eat, sleep, poop, go to school, study, go to work and find some 400 lb. chick to spend the rest of your time with.

J

jibbs

"Should've, would've, could've never made a difference when you're playing chicken with your only chance."

The way you and a few others bitch I'm assuming you've either turned UPS into your only chance or you're blinding yourself to other opportunities. $9.50 an hour is not worth a person's happiness. My advice would be to seek employment elsewhere while toughing it out in the meantime.

And no, I've never been ashamed working at UPS. There are a few people I'm ashamed to consider co-workers but that's another story altogether.

happyboy

No Ups is not that great of a place to work, they are trying to dumb down our job so anyone can do it. Working with your hands in any trade is a much better idea.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Dude, it's a 3-4 hour job and you don't rely on it to pay your bills.

Eat, sleep, poop, go to school, study, go to work and find some 400 lb. chick to spend the rest of your time with.
Why not 2, 200 pound chicks instead of 1, 400 pounder. Double your pleasure, double your fun.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why not 2, 200 pound chicks instead of 1, 400 pounder. Double your pleasure, double your fun.
Yeah man. That's what the OP needs, TWO unsatisfied, hungry women in his bed lol. Kid if you hate it, and you're not using the job for tuition reimbursement, then quit. Surely, you can find an easier job for the same pay rate at the mall until you finish school. No, I'm not ashamed of either of my jobs. I do what I have to do....maybe because I didn't make the smartest decisions when I was 19.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yeah man. That's what the OP needs, TWO unsatisfied, hungry women in his bed lol. Kid if you hate it, and you're not using the job for tuition reimbursement, then quit. Surely, you can find an easier job for the same pay rate at the mall until you finish school.

I think you just enlightened me. I'm considering quitting. What about Saturday air driver? Don't they make good money too? That's the only reason why im still here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think you just enlightened me. I'm considering quitting. What about Saturday air driver? Don't they make good money too? That's the only reason why im still here.
it goes by seniority....you'd probably have to wait awhile. I drove saturdays for awhile, but with my other job, I don't have time anymore. There's no reason why you're STUCK at ups. Start looking for another job, if you find one, then quit if that's what you want.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
it goes by seniority....you'd probably have to wait awhile. I drove saturdays for awhile, but with my other job, I don't have time anymore. There's no reason why you're STUCK at ups. Start looking for another job, if you find one, then quit if that's what you want.

Plus it's an 84 month progression. You start off at 11.50 an hour, and don't get a raise for 3 years. Then the last 4 years you get your raises. Full rate now is 15.50. That's a long wait for that much. If I were him, I'd just move on & find another place to work. Good luck.