Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ManUtd32780, Jan 1, 2010.

1. ManUtd32780

ManUtd32780 New Member

2. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

3. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Aleve, even better. To much to drink last night? hehehehehehehe:happy-very:
  4. Kraetos

Kraetos Preload, Loader

Extra Strength!
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Exceed the recommended dosage.
  6. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

I'm just a truck driver so what could I know but here are a few suggestions from a very close relative in the medical profession:
    -force fluids (non alcoholic);
    -try electrolyte drinks that DO NOT contain HFCS (high fructose corn syrup):
    -stay away from the NSAIDS (tylenol, aspirin etc.);
    -force fluids (see any emphasis here?);
    -find electrolyte powder that doesn't contain sodium mix with water;
    -force fluid (tomato soup, chicken and rice, chicken and noodle) you get the idea.

BTW, I slept right through the new year arrival. I will be at the gym this afternoon, anyone want to go?

did I say force fluids?
  7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

What a bunch of girls,:happy-very:
  8. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

My wife and I dozed off on the couch and woke up when we heard the fireworks outside right at midnight.

We dug out a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider, toasted in the New Year, and were sound asleep in bed by 12:30. Woke up this morning at 8:00 feeling great!

Lots of people celebrated the New Year on their knees blowing chowder. Not me......:happy2:
  9. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Another effective hangover remedy is 3 or 4 shots of vodka and 2 Vicodin. What the hell, its a 4 day weekend......:knockedout:
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I always stop at 5 drinks no headache and nothing STUPID said or done.
  11. Hubrat98

Hubrat98 New Member

I hear you on that one. This was my second consecutive New Years' eve that I can actually remember what happened to me. It really does feel good to wake up early not feeling like I pickled my brain the previous night.
  12. over9five

I punched out at 00:01. Woke up feeling great!
  13. EmerCond421

EmerCond421 Member

14. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

In bed by 11:00 slept daughter woke us up at 6:00. Wife got out of bed at seven. I woke up at 8:30 to the wife feeding both kids breakfast.
  15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

My fiance and I also drank the sparkling cider. Good bubbly choice! She is going on 4 years w/out a drink!
  16. over9five

Has anyone heard that forcing fluids may cure headaches?
  17. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Well most headaches are cause by dehydration. You could take a pain reliever to hide the problem or drink plenty of water to just get rid of it.
  18. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

Dehydration causes muscle and joint pain as we'll. You need to drink steady all day every day to stay ahead of it. Forcing fluids is relative to what your noremal intake actuall is. Some people drink next to no water and every glass is like forcing. You can overdo it by flushing out vital electrolytes with water binges that occur many hours apart. Pacing is key, just like the rest of the job.
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Not me either. :happy-very:
  20. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I drink steady, especially on the weekends! :its_all_good: