Headaches

over9five

Staff member
What do you use for a very bad headache? I get these nasty ones that can last a week. Acetaminophen sucks, ibuprofen. Is a little better.

Sorry, phone randomly throws a period in the middle of a sentence!

Doctor appointment Tuesday, need better drugs (or brain surgery).

Have you ever seen a chiropractor? The worst headaches I get are when my neck is out. I can get an adjustment and have them gone in an hour.

Theres also the old rumor that a divorce cures them too but I can't speak from expieriance.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Have you ever seen a chiropractor? The worst headaches I get are when my neck is out. I can get an adjustment and have them gone in an hour.

Theres also the old rumor that a divorce cures them too but I can't speak from expieriance.
^^^^ this. you looking to treat the pain when treating the cause of the pain will serve you better

I'll get some at work occasionally from headlights in my eyes. There's been a few times I'll put sunglasses on to cut the glare.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Nothing is ruled out. Do you get them? What makes them migraines?
I first started getting them in High School, these days I get them very infrequently (like maybe once a year) but some people get them much more often. It's basically the worst headache you'll ever get, in fact calling it a headache really doesn't do it justice.
I'll let wikipedia do the talking. I asked because you mentioned that tylenol and ibuprofen aren't much help which is pretty typical, they never helped me at all. Also that they can last for up to a week, that's another migraine marker.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hmmm, interesting. I do get the pulsing, that is the worst. Light, like quickly changing scenes on the tv makes it worse, as does physical activity. Does sound like that description of migraines.
So I'm down to needing better drugs, cuz regular OTC stuff don't work.
Triptans work for me, they knock it right out. The most common prescribed triptan is Immitrex, the stuff I get is called Axert.

over9five

Staff member
Thanks all. I'm looking forward to going to the doctor Tuesday. I've had this for many years, have a couple months headache free, and then several months with many. I suck down a lot of ibuprofen, not over the daily limit but several at a time. And it doesn't come close to stopping it.
Time to fix this.

It may not be your brain causing the headaches..........................................It maybe who you work for!!! ...................... Of couse if you are married that could add i to it! Just ask my wife.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't help you. I think I could count the number of head aches I've had in my life on one hand (not counting my "hangover days" years ago) . My wife on the otherhand eats Ibuprofan like they are peanuts.

S

serenity now

a migraine is like no other headache * usually centers in one area; with me it often feels like it settles right behind one eye * the pain can be intense and last for hours * sensitivity to light and noise * you can't really function with a bad one * just get in a quiet dark room and lie down * some people also experience nausea along with a migraine ; God help those poor souls * regular OTC meds won't touch it * with me it often takes several hours of sleep to get one to ease up * there are meds for when the headache occurs; also maintenance meds for reducing the frequency * bottom line : they are bad news

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can't help you. I think I could count the number of head aches I've had in my life on one hand (not counting my "hangover days" years ago) . My wife on the otherhand eats Ibuprofan like they are peanuts.

I don't experience headaches either.............maybe one in my life and it was minor. I can't imagine the discomfort, but serenity paints a clear picture of it.

Ms.PacMan

I quit getting migraines after my gallbladder was removed. Never would have associated the two. Like Tourists24 I thought plain old fashioned aspirin relieved some of the pain - so did sticking my face in steam for about 20 minutes (Homedics facial sauna).