bigpackagedeliver

Has anyone went to the driving school in Boise, ID? I am working on memorizing the 10 points of commentary before I go there. Would love to hear from people that have been to that one on what to expect.

AlliSeeisBrown

Has anyone went to the driving school in Boise, ID? I am working on memorizing the 10 points of commentary before I go there. Would love to hear from people that have been to that one on what to expect.
I didn't go to that one, as Im on the east coast. But, I will tell you, just do yourself a favor and put in the time of memorizing what they told you to memorize. My particular instructor sent 3 people home because they showed no improvement on the 5/10 throughout the week. He worked with people that were wanting to improve, but just know it before you get there.

By The Book

I'm sure you didn't realize it since you are new, but the avatar you are using is currently used by a respected, long standing member here on BC. It is more of a courtesy than a rule, but we try not to use someone Else's avatar. Good luck out there at Integrad.
Hey scoobs, does that also go for names that are already used? Someone uses "Do It By The Book". That's using my name!

Boss Hawg5

Yes
View attachment 96917 View attachment 96918 Thanks for the replies.

After I posted that thread one of the trucks we sent for air broke down on the way to the airport. Luckily for me the driver returned in a borrowed car from another center and it just so happened to be a manual. I grabbed one of the mechanics and got some practice doing a few laps around the yard. I was way rustier than I had thought I was so I'm glad I had the chance to practice. I got to the point that I could start it and put it into first gear then take off and stop smoothly so hopefully I can do the same at Intergrad if and when the time comes.

I also went and bought black polishable leather work boots. They're Rocky's and hopefully will work; I'm attaching a picture hopefully someone can tell me if they will or won't meet the standard.

Also I have to ask, what happens to those that fail Intergrad? I've been there for two years hopefully it doesn't mean a termination.

I've been practicing my 5s and 10s. Do I need to know both of these pages word for word? I have the 5 Seeing Habit memorized word for word as appears on that sheet but I'm wondering if it's just the rule and then the words in quotes that I need to onow? Or do I need to know the description as well? How about the 10 Point Commentary do I need to know everything word for word?
word for word

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Does everyone go to intergrad eventually? This place is so confusing. No one has told me anything.
We old guys never had to go anywhere but on the road.
Being out there and learning from our mistakes , made us all better drivers . We didn't have to go to a special school just to learn how to walk on ice while carrying a parcel .

Deadset

We old guys never had to go anywhere but on the road.
Being out there and learning from our mistakes , made us all better drivers . We didn't have to go to a special school just to learn how to walk on ice while carrying a parcel .
So is it a pass/fail scenario? Do you make more hourly if you pass? What's it for? UPS is weird. I've been in my own for 10 years so this is all new to me

I Just Wanna Go Home

So is it a pass/fail scenario? Do you make more hourly if you pass? What's it for? UPS is weird. I've been in my own for 10 years so this is all new to me
It's a week long driving school. It's only for people trying to become drivers. Yes it's pass/fail. If you pass then you're on your way to becoming a driver so yes you'll make more.

Deadset

It's a week long driving school. It's only for people trying to become drivers. Yes it's pass/fail. If you pass then you're on your way to becoming a driver so yes you'll make more.
Yeah I know what it is. I just started a seasonal driving gig. If I make full time do I go to integrad?

Notcool

I wonder too. I'm driving seasonal now. Will I be sent to Intergrad? What if I failed which I doubt but am I out eventhough I'm already driving?