The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
No grade... It's either pass or fail. As long as you demonstrate on test day like you did the previous two days and show some improvement on both integration station and on road driver drill you'll be fine. No written test on Friday. Just another practice DIAD module and one DIAD assessment like the other days... There's no "Big Test" per say...
you didn't get graded?? like score am 85 or better on the driver drill and integration station? no 60 question test on friday?

optikz

No grade... It's either pass or fail. As long as you demonstrate on test day like you did the previous two days and show some improvement on both integration station and on road driver drill you'll be fine. No written test on Friday. Just another practice DIAD module and one DIAD assessment like the other days... There's no "Big Test" per say...
you had it easy then. most integrad classes you have to pass on a grading scale on Thursday and you have to pass the pre trip, 5 and 10s, and a 60 point multiple choice test on friday.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
I guess we did have it easy... No pre-trip test or 60 question test. I heard since most of us there were casual/seasonal drivers they altered the course a little. Maybe those were a few things they took out. I guess they're hurting for drivers as peak is fastly approaching...
you had it easy then. most integrad classes you have to pass on a grading scale on Thursday and you have to pass the pre trip, 5 and 10s, and a 60 point multiple choice test on friday.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
I believe it provided me with better training than my center could've given me. Integrad was a lot of hands on and not just a bunch of classroom work. With me being a visual learner, Integration station helped me out 100% and I got to see how things work when your out there delivering packages on a daily basis.
Do any of you feel that Integrad has prepared you better than the training you would have received from your home centers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So integrad is worse?

Not worse. Different focus.

Integrad focuses more on the appearance standards and other things that do not directly impact you on road than your center team would.

The basics of the job can be mastered on the first day. The difficult part for our newbies is trying to learn their delivery areas, which is made that much more difficult when trying to follow Orion.

BigD Bri

For seasonal drivers, the McKinney location does not follow Integrad curriculum, it is mainly NSPT.

NSPT?... Non seasonal part time, I'm assuming this means?

Why on Earth would you change a curriculum for driver training? Everyone is still driving a brown truck, right? That doesn't make any sense, seeing as how everyone is spending a week at the training facility regardless... For what possible reason would there be a different curiculum?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Is that what NSPT stands for? I type those letters so many times last week and had no clue what it means.
NSPT?... Non seasonal part time, I'm assuming this means?

Why on Earth would you change a curriculum for driver training? Everyone is still driving a brown truck, right? That doesn't make any sense, seeing as how everyone is spending a week at the training facility regardless... For what possible reason would there be a different curiculum?

Retiree

Seasonal drivers don't get the same training as a full service provider...standards are not as high....your job ends January 15th.