BigD Bri

Seasonal drivers don't get the same training as a full service provider...standards are not as high....your job ends January 15th.

Fair enough, but still doesn't make any sense to me. Seems, as a company, you would develop the best training system possible, and simply use that criteria for training anyone you put behind the wheel. Integrad is a one week program regardless, so why wouldn't you?

jaker

trolling
Fair enough, but still doesn't make any sense to me. Seems, as a company, you would develop the best training system possible, and simply use that criteria for training anyone you put behind the wheel. Integrad is a one week program regardless, so why wouldn't you?
Welcome to ups , longer you are here you will see the dumbest things

BigD Bri

Welcome to ups , longer you are here you will see the dumbest things

Appears to be the case so far..

One day of Integrad in the books. Gotta give it to you guys, it was basically a combination of everything everyone here told me it would be. My first impression was how uptight the instructors appeared to be, but I started to understand why as the day went on (not sure if these guys are labor or mgmt, I'm assuming labor). It was shocking to me how little respect some of these people were showing this kind of opportunity. I'm convinced that some of them, had they not been required to show up in browns, would have shown up wearing sweats and beaters. Has to frustrate these 30 year guys when guys show up with a day and a half old goatee, and act like no one told them, so I get it..

I'm putting the over/under on washouts at 7, and taking the over..

BigD Bri

Finished up driving school this morning, contacted HR as instructed, and was told told to attend, "Compliance Training" on Monday morning at HR.. Anyone know what this is, or how long?

BigD Bri

Probably hazmat training. Take about an hour.

The hazmat module was the one section the Integrad instructors were a bit lenient on, nobody was getting 100% on all that. Outside of that, was pretty rigid. I have to say, the hub in McKinney, TX is pristine. Looks like someone goes over the entire facility with a buffer every morning.. My hub looks like a WW I battleground..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The hazmat module was the one section the Integrad instructors were a bit lenient on, nobody was getting 100% on all that. Outside of that, was pretty rigid. I have to say, the hub in McKinney, TX is pristine. Looks like someone goes over the entire facility with a buffer every morning.. My hub looks like a WW I battleground..
Newark?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Congrats @BigD Bri!!! The Compliance Monday morning is the driver hazmat training on the computer. Glad you made it through. My buddy was in the same class as you but he was DQ'd Thursday... Yes ,it does look like they buff the floors every morning at that place.

BigD Bri

Congrats @BigD Bri!!! The Compliance Monday morning is the driver hazmat training on the computer. Glad you made it through. My buddy was in the same class as you but he was DQ'd Thursday... Yes ,it does look like they buff the floors every morning at that place.

If your buddy's name starts with a G, I was suprised not to see him there on Thursday. Seemed like a pretty solid guy, but don't think he even looked at the 5's and 10's before he got there..

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
If your buddy's name starts with a G, I was suprised not to see him there on Thursday. Seemed like a pretty solid guy, but don't think he even looked at the 5's and 10's before he got there..
Nah... His first name starts with a "A" and last name with an "R".

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Not placing him then.. Didn't think there was anyone else from our hub there but me.. What was your sched like this week?
I went back to my normal preload shift as usual.. After I did the compliance training I was told what center I would be driving for. I also spoke to my FT sup who informed they are short of On Road supes so she had no sort of time frame as to maybe when I would start driving.

BigD Bri

I went back to my normal preload shift as usual.. After I did the compliance training I was told what center I would be driving for. I also spoke to my FT sup who informed they are short of On Road supes so she had no sort of time frame as to maybe when I would start driving.

I see.. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.. Out of curiousity, did they send you to Chalk Hill?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
I see.. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.. Out of curiousity, did they send you to Chalk Hill?
Me either.. She said it shouldn't be anymore than a week or so before they call me to drive so I'm just preparing for the worst hoping for the best. No they didn't send me to Chalk hill.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to applaud my local center team for their insistence that everyone going to driving school have their DOK down pat before they go or they don't go.