Heads-Up: Peanut Butter Prices about to Skyrocket

klein

Für Meno :)
If you really want a good soup, (just bought another 2 containers containing 625ml each), buy them at Safeway/Vons.
IT's made in the USA. (Signature Cafe Soups) at the Deli counter.

Like homemade ! Well worth the extra dollar !

The chucks of chicken in the chicken wild rice or chicken noodle soups are about half an inch each... and eats almost like a stew, stuffed with veggies and noodles or rice... amazing.

rod

Retired 22 years
There used to be only one kind of soup......Campbells
Then came Progresso!!

As far as soup is concerned I avoid the high sodium canned soups off the shelf. (And the low sodium ones taste so blah). The only good soups to me are the homemade ones my wife makes. (bean & ham- chicken dumpling- chicken noodle- turkey noodle- chicken & wild rice) They're ummmm ummmm good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
As far as soup is concerned I avoid the high sodium canned soups off the shelf. (And the low sodium ones taste so blah). The only good soups to me are the homemade ones my wife makes. (bean & ham- chicken dumpling- chicken noodle- turkey noodle- chicken & wild rice) They're ummmm ummmm good.
I like the homemade stuff too......I make great chicken soup that would make a Jewish mother cry..................and A beef/veggie soup with lots of cabbage that stinks to high heaven but tastes so good !!

rod

Retired 22 years
I like the homemade stuff too......I make great chicken soup that would make a Jewish mother cry..................and A beef/veggie soup with lots of cabbage that stinks to high heaven but tastes so good !!

now you've done it ---I want some cornbeef and cabbage--------how much longer til St. Pat's Day?

klein

now you've done it ---I want some cornbeef and cabbage--------how much longer til St. Pat's Day?

I got lots of leftover from yesterday still in my slow cooker ! :) Ate some at 4 am this morning, because the house smells sooo good, and got an instant appetite for it when I woke up.
Good breakfast, eh ? As dessert 2 dougnuts and coffee ! :)

moreluck

golden ticket member

When I bought the corned beef on sale last March, I got a couple of them and we just had the last one a week ago. March 17th is the big day, but you can have it anytime.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I bought the corned beef on sale last March, I got a couple of them and we just had the last one a week ago. March 17th is the big day, but you can have it anytime.

I know----but we never do.. I'm going to have to question the wife about that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know----but we never do.. I'm going to have to question the wife about that.
Talk to her about having pork & sauerkraut too.....not just for New Year's Day anymore. Then maybe over coffee, the 2 of you could discuss roast turkey and stuffing. Be wild!

klein

To be honest, I made it once with hamburger meat and cabbage, potatoes, etc....
Was even better then with corned beef !

klein

Well, it happened by mistake - thought I had a can of corned beef in the cupboards... bought everything else to make it.
Then with huge disapointment, have discovered the corned beef was gone !

But, I still wanted my cabbage meal... so I substituted corned beef with ground beef.
And I loved it !

CABBAGE aint touching my lips.

Back to peanutbutter..... The store brands taste OK, but they have a tendency to separate the oil unless you refrigerate it and I like mine room temp. I normally eat peanut butter in some way everyday. In the afternoon if I feel a little hungry I'll have a teaspoon full and I'm good to go till supper time.

klein

are peanutbutter and banana slices sandwiches commen there ?
I had a grown up guy at work , he had them almost daily !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just watched the movie PT 109, and when questioned during an inspection the cook replied that yes he did serve hot foods......PB on toast.