Health Bill

moreluck

golden ticket member
check under "Current Events" and there is a thread titled "Government Healthcare". All the comments are there. As of this hour, there is no new health bill yet.....Senate needs to vote on it first.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Senate needs to vote on it first.
After the Senate passes their bill, then they get together with the house and work out the common version of what they want to pass.

Usually, when open discussions take place, this can take weeks if not many months. Problem is them trying to cram it down our throats as fast as possible so they can get all this new money comming in.

When politicians tell me that they really need me to allow them to do something this quick for my own good, that means vasaline stock will double. Kinda like the swine flue "epidemic".

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would love to attach a lie detector to every house member and ask them if they actually read those 1990 pages before voting. I'd bet those needles would shoot sky high as they all lie about it.

over9five

Staff member
Just remember. When they talk about taxing the ^$^$ out of "Cadillac Insurance Plans", they are talking about US!!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just a little something to ponder....

ARTICLE 27. EMERGENCY REOPENING
In the event of war, declaration of emergency, imposition of mandatory
economic controls, the adoption of a National Health Program or any
Congressional or Federal Agency action which has a significantly adverse
effect on the financial structure of the Employer, during the life of this
Agreement, either party may reopen the same upon sixty (60) days� written
notice and request renegotiation of the provisions of this Agreement directly
affected by such action. There shall be no limitation of time for such written
notice. Upon the failure of the parties to agree in such negotiations, within
sixty (60) days thereafter, either party shall be permitted all lawful economic
recourse to support its request for revisions. If governmental approval of
revisions should become necessary, all parties will cooperate to the utmost to
attain such approval. The parties agree that the notice provided herein shall
be accepted by all parties as compliance with the notice requirements of
applicable law, so as to permit economic action at the expiration thereof.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just curious to ask what everyone's outlook is on this new health bill and how do you think it will affect us?
I hope it covers "rectal exams" Because when the liberals are through with us ,GOD knows we will need it !! Thats right Pelosi & Barbara Boxer, I said GOD on a public website !!!!!!!

ups79

You definitely see a wage cut if the congress now passes a bill requiring all companies to offer at least 7 days paid sick leave.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You definitely see a wage cut if the congress now passes a bill requiring all companies to offer at least 7 days paid sick leave.
I don't know about that, we already get 5 paid sick days. I'm not saying that wage cuts aren't a possibility, I just don't think that will be the driving factor. The state of the economy in 2013 will dictate the contract more than other issue.

ups79

I don't know about that, we already get 5 paid sick days. I'm not saying that wage cuts aren't a possibility, I just don't think that will be the driving factor. The state of the economy in 2013 will dictate the contract more than other issue.

Local 710 out of chicago has never had sick days. If you were sick you just missed a days pay.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am reading the bill 60 pgs at a shot. Im going to go get another shot, and the toothpicks for my eyelids, Ill let you know when I can understand what I have read.:knockedout: