Health care costs

subdivide

There is no language in any of the TeamCare brochures that states our out of pocket costs will not go up over the next five years. What do you think?

Inthegame

There is no language in any of the TeamCare brochures that states our out of pocket costs will not go up over the next five years. What do you think?
I think there is no language in any of the Teamcare brochures that state out of pocket costs will go up in the next five years. No reason to believe anything different. The negotiated contribution rate paid by UPS will rise and therefore cover expected increases in costs. No different than in any prior agreement.
The sky is not falling.

RealPerson

Health care is coming Down --- Obama said so... No Worries.

Billions will be given to the IBT from UPS ... No Worries.

I am sure everything will work out perfectly for CS, just like the Pension did...

stymie

I posed this quesion on the ups contract facts website recently and received a reply.

"If in the future it is found that healthcare funding as negotiated in the National Master is inadequate, will our benefits be reduced?

The benefits are locked in for the entire five-year contract. Under TeamCare, your benefits are less likely to be reduced because Teamster trustees are on the fund, unlike with the company plan. As you witnessed, the company has made drastic changes to management’s plan recently and was going to do the same for its workers. That’s why TeamCare was chosen, to protect benefits and keep costs low."

Do "locked in" and "less likely to be reduced" mean the same? Not to me...