Health Care when retired

kingOFchester

Didn't read the entire thread. Just wanted to add that every retired driver I run into looks 5 to ten years younger. Even the guy who I never saw crack a smile was grinning ear to ear and looked 10 years younger. I only have 20 years to go before I can look ten years younger.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Didn't read the entire thread. Just wanted to add that every retired driver I run into looks 5 to ten years younger. Even the guy who I never saw crack a smile was grinning ear to ear and looked 10 years younger. I only have 20 years to go before I can look ten years younger.

Our most recent retiree was an on-car sup who had driven for 15 years. I saw him and his son on the former AFB the other day and he did look ten years younger. He is driving school bus on a substitute basis and enjoying his retirement.

KOC, I hope they don't change the rules on you before you reach retirement age. Our pension fund recently went from 30 and out at any age to 30 and out at 55. A few of our younger drivers will have to work at least 36-37 years to get their full pension.

oldngray

nowhere special

I can second that. I retired last year and everyone told me I was smiling so much more . I had 34 years at age 52. My local still had 30 and out at any age and within 2 years about 1/3 of drivers retired while we still could because we were afraid we would lose that in the next contact.