Health Insurance Cost - coverage

Legitimyze

(I am a part time package handler that loads the trucks, averaging 20 hours per week right now)

I know I have to wait 1 year until I am eligible for insurance. I was told that the cost of insurance is covered in you union dues, Is that correct? If so that seems really cheap, its only like $26.00 per month.

Also how is the coverage, I have not had insurance for over 5 years and when it kicks in I will need to make multiple appointments such as a regular check up/dentist/eye dr.

Legitimyze

One more question, is there an initial deductible before coverage kicks in? If so, anyone know the amount?

At my other job I would have to pay $120.00 per month for insurance and there is a $1000.00 deductible before I see any coverage. Which is why I do not have any insurance currently.

I have been trying to learn the answer to the question of when insurance coverage for dependents/family would kick in...I see that above someone said 1 year, but I could not find this in the contract. On the UPSers web site it said that dependents are eligible after 18 months...maybe it has not been updated to reflect the new contract?

Can anyone please point me to where in the contract the eligibility is discussed?

I was hired as a permanent PT package handler in February, 2014, after working as a seasonal helper/unloader last peak, and I had my 30 days by the end of April.

I really need to find this out, because if insurance will kick in for my wife in February as well as for me, then we will let her Obamacare lapse in December, otherwise she'll have to renew it. No one at my center seems to know the answer to this, including my steward.

Thanks in advance!

llamainmypocket

In western region it's a 10$ doctor office, 10$ prescription, and 50$ deductible for dental that caps at 2500$ year. I don't know about eye yet. I've been covered for 900$ of work done in the last two weeks at a cost of 80$. Oral surgery is next

I live for Brown

In western region it's a 10$ doctor office, 10$ prescription, and 50$ deductible for dental that caps at 2500$ year. I don't know about eye yet. I've been covered for 900$ of work done in the last two weeks at a cost of 80$. Oral surgery is next
Dental change again?!?! Bc we get $5000 per person in family with no deductible

I live for Brown

You will be thrilled with the coverage, just make sure you pick participating providers which pick up the whole charge with just $10 copay. UPS probably hates our family. My wife alone had $36000 of cuverage used 2 years ago and last year was about 17,000 and she started out this year with another major surgery.