health insurance

retired2000

well, we had our little meeting this morning. not much came out of it except that some of us got the letter saying how much we have to pay and others did not get it. our only chance to fight this is that we may be grandfathered under the old contract. so for now we have to pay it and see what happens down the road.
thanks again to all who voted yes on this contract. you not only hurt the upsers that helped build this company but, you also shot yourselfs in the foot as you will have to pay for your health care when yhou leave ups.

kenco80233

Our old union rep.told us a long time ago that the union has no obligation to represent retirred union members.They are only obligated to represent curent union members,and we were lucky to get anything more than we had when we retired.I guess the moral of the story is to be happy and thankful for what we are getting,and not have any expectations for any reductions in the cost of health care.I see the current employees that with retire in the comming years to be thrown under the bus worse than worse than us currant retirees .

retired2000

i guess my point was that the current upsers were not looking out for themselves in the long run. if we had not gone on strike in 1976 where do you think we would be right now.

helenofcalifornia

It was a totally different environment then. I think if UPSers went on strike today, it wouldn't be a good outcome. The public supported us in '97, I don't know if they would now. Scary.

damaged

retired in upstate ny was notified as of august 1st $130 per member per month $270 per family per month any other ups retirees hearing this

retired2000

damaged this is what i have been talking about. i never got the letter saying how much we were going to pay. all i got was a letter saying ups wanted my credit card number or my routing number on my check. we are still talking with the union here (unlike other places ours still cares about us) send me a private message and i maybe able to tell you more.

O

oldupsman

Hey retired,
How are you making out with your problem? Can you give me an update? Thanks.