Healthcare Choices

vantexan

Well, my mgr was somewhat right. You can either pay $74 a month and a $300 deductible with a $2000 annual out of pocket limit, or roll the dice, pay $0 a month, $1000 annual deductible, and a $5250 annual limit. Of course this is for an employee only and you still have to pay $10 a month for dental and vision. I think I'll roll the dice.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well, my mgr was somewhat right. You can either pay $74 a month and a $300 deductible with a $2000 annual out of pocket limit, or roll the dice, pay $0 a month, $1000 annual deductible, and a $5250 annual limit. Of course this is for an employee only and you still have to pay $10 a month for dental and vision. I think I'll roll the dice.

That's what they want.

starglacier

Exactly they are hoping you roll the dice or your spouse have coverage on you to save the company money. Horrible medical plan. Thanks
memphis.

SmithBarney

also 90/10% is gone and its 85/15% that's where it comes out of pocket. Doesn't matter too much to us, I have to go premium now(we weren't before) and we've hit our max OOP, and will hit it again.(had nearly $100,000 in medical expenses this year...)

fdxsux

Not only did it go from 90/10 to 85/15 but the deductible went from 150/450 to 300/900. Office copay went from 20 to 25 and the out of pocket max went up as well. Next year the premier will will be the old 80/20 plan. Same bs, a lousy raise in march and then take it away at the end of the year.

starglacier

It sucks no matter what I do so I'll give myself the $888 take-home raise and hope I can get by without anything major. While I'm at it I'll bump it up to over $950 eliminating the United Way contribution.

That's right bye bye United Way contribution.

Ghostwriter

Now, that I am officially gone, I must say that I really feel bad that Fedx keeps cutting the desperately needed med. benefits. One, could look at it as steps toward a down-hill fall. I predict that eventually the med. benefits will be a "thing" of the past like American manufacturing and 5 cent soda pop. I will always have a place in my heart for the fedx front-line, because I have been there and busted my rear end for almost 12 years with the company. A courier buddy of mine sent me a text (on my last day) that I must share with you all. It went something like: " they don't deserve you- in fact, they don't deserve any good employees- until they pull their heads out of their".... (you can guess the rest of the phrase). With that shared, I feel the same way- You all that put it on the line everyday: running, lifting, driving (in all conditions), delivering, working reloads, CTV shuttle, unloading cans (from 15-108 degree temps) and picking up- deserve the credit and respect for making the actual profits. I leave you with my best of wishes and my most heart-felt respect.........

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now, that I am officially gone, I must say that I really feel bad that Fedx keeps cutting the desperately needed med. benefits. One, could look at it as steps toward a down-hill fall. I predict that eventually the med. benefits will be a "thing" of the past like American manufacturing and 5 cent soda pop. I will always have a place in my heart for the fedx front-line, because I have been there and busted my rear end for almost 12 years with the company. A courier buddy of mine sent me a text (on my last day) that I must share with you all. It went something like: " they don't deserve you- in fact, they don't deserve any good employees- until they pull their heads out of their".... (you can guess the rest of the phrase). With that shared, I feel the same way- You all that put it on the line everyday: running, lifting, driving (in all conditions), delivering, working reloads, CTV shuttle, unloading cans (from 15-108 degree temps) and picking up- deserve the credit and respect for making the actual profits. I leave you with my best of wishes and my most heart-felt respect.........

Your courier buddy has it right. They don't deserve you, or any other competent, loyal employee. The harder you work, the more they expect, and the less they are willing to compensate you for it. Fred's problem is that it your average WalMart-level worker cannot perform the courier job effectively. Eventually, enough of the good employees wil leave, and Fred will be stuck with a workforce that is incapable of providing a decent level of service for a product that has a premium price tag.

It's kind of like walking into Neiman-Marcus store and having a street bum as the salesperson. The two go together like chicken and donuts. Fred apparently thinks that he can hire the intellectually-challenged to do his bidding. That might work for management and engineering positions, but not out on the road.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred's got this mentality that most customers won't notice crappy service.

What a lot of good business leaders have in brains, Fred has in sawdust.

I'd love to another overnight package come into the competition that models itself after the old Federal Express of the 1980's and sticks with it. Then Fred can see how impressed his stockholders will be when he loses 90% of his business.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, it looks like I'll have to reduce my contribution to my 401k. :knockedout:

Why? Did you know that you can adjust your withholdings on your W-4 so that your take home pay stays the same? Please note that doing this will reduce your income tax refund but it does allow you to fund your 401K while bringing home the same net pay each week.

franknitty

Are you aware of the choices Vanguard gives us to invest in ? The only fund not taking a beating at this time is the Money Market Fund ! And yes, my portfolio is properly diversified. Still doesn't make a difference ! I'm about take out a loan against it and buy me some Gold !

SmithBarney

Are you aware of the choices Vanguard gives us to invest in ? The only fund not taking a beating at this time is the Money Market Fund ! And yes, my portfolio is properly diversified. Still doesn't make a difference ! I'm about take out a loan against it and buy me some Gold !

Don't buy gold, buy fedex stock, last time it was almost this low it rebounded to almost 100, you could almost triple your money... Fred Steals from us, might as well make it back from him.. ;)