Healthcare goes up 38 percent

unionman

I love it, Wellpoint is raising its healthcare premiums in some cases 38% starting March 1st. Guess the public tea party needs to be redirected at the insurance companies. Oh, by the way I think Wellpoint made 4.7 BILLION last year.

unionman

yeah, a big profit as some peoples premiums go up to 950 bucks with a 6000 dollar deductible. My friend , who is a Republican is in this boat and he still is against healthcare reform. Go figure, how much does it have to go up before people start saying, hey maybe that bill would have been good for the country.

brett636

yeah, a big profit as some peoples premiums go up to 950 bucks with a 6000 dollar deductible. My friend , who is a Republican is in this boat and he still is against healthcare reform. Go figure, how much does it have to go up before people start saying, hey maybe that bill would have been good for the country.

So your saying insurance companies would not feel compelled to raise their rates even more when they know their customers must buy their products under penalty of jail time?

unionman

So your saying insurance companies would not feel compelled to raise their rates even more when they know their customers must buy their products under penalty of jail time?

You see the Government as a taker of freedoms and I see the Government as a protecter from Greed.

unionman

How is keeping Companies like Wellpoint from gauging people giving up a freedom? 4.7 billion isn't enough money made last year? How much is enough?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Try more like $1400 a month with an $8000 deductible......that's a fact, Jack !! But ours only went up 25% and not 39%.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not great....I met my deductible last year by the 1st month and at least a whole bunch of the rest of the year was covered.

diesel96

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

Patriot act ? Wireless wiretapping ? Tele-com immunity? ....... Cat's got your tongue on these security issues ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You see the Government as a taker of freedoms and I see the Government as a protecter from Greed.

if that is true then why are they not doing real health reforms ?
Namely tort reform and letting insurance companies sell policies across state lines .
These two actions would exactly reduce costs.

tieguy

Banned

You're talking about two different things here. In so doing you're making the argument that a pork laden "reform" bill would have stopped wellpoint from raising their rates. This pork laden bill was not prepared to do that.

Not great....I met my deductible last year by the 1st month and at least a whole bunch of the rest of the year was covered.

I hope the best for you more. I see you pay about 25,000 a year, may I ask, about how much the insurance company covered (paid out)?

diesel96

if that is true then why are they not doing real health reforms ?
Namely tort reform and letting insurance companies sell policies across state lines .
These two actions would exactly reduce costs.

Tort reform would barely make a dent in the reduction of costs to the patients, and Insurance giants would simply open up shop across state lines.

BTW....Conservatives who champion tort reform are often the first to file the lawsuits that they defile as "frivolous"....Hypocracy at it's finest !

I don't think people like unionman understand that insurance companies assume risk. In your case the insurance company had about $110,000 short fall.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is the first time in my life (except pre 21 days) that I'm anxiously awaiting the 2 1/4 years for my medicare to kick in. It'll be like a 'raise' to me.