Healthcare

Daveeldon1

Very high deductibles coming in 2014 for everyone. My manager got the news and said we are going to be getting a bargain basement, high deductible plan which will cost us a lot more and save the company millions of dollars. Basically, you will be getting a pay cut if you have FedEx insurance.

Of all the benefits FedEx has taken from us or watered down over the years (pension, shift premiums, jump seat, etc.) this one is by far the biggest and will no doubt have an immediate negative impact on many of us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Very high deductibles coming in 2014 for everyone. My manager got the news and said we are going to be getting a bargain basement, high deductible plan which will cost us a lot more and save the company millions of dollars. Basically, you will be getting a pay cut if you have FedEx insurance.

Of all the benefits FedEx has taken from us or watered down over the years (pension, shift premiums, jump seat, etc.) this one is by far the biggest and one and will no doubt have an immediate negative impact on many of us.

This is why I have repeatedly said that we will be getting "no raise". The rumored 2% will be more than taken away through hours cuts and the new insurance plan you've mentioned. In other words, anything you "get" at FedEx will be taken away in some other form. We will actually be receiving a pay cut.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
That's interesting. The mandate is on hold for employers and they are "jumping" the gun already?

TUT

That's interesting. The mandate is on hold for employers and they are "jumping" the gun already?

Business owners - Republican's for the most part. They will collude to make the Democratic health plan look like a total failure. Like these same business people haven't been bitching since the 80's over run away health costs. If the same plan came under a Republican administration, these owners would be praising it as "good for business". Such the games.

FedEx2000

I would hardly call it jumping the gun. They were told this would be taking place and have spent the last couple years planning and getting things in place.....and then it got pushed back 3 months before it was to go in to effect. You can't plan for these kinds of things overnight when it affects a couple hundred thousand employees. The communication was just starting to come out so it wouldn't be dropped on our laps the day before.

Nick9075

Of all the benefits FedEx has taken from us or watered down over the years (pension, shift premiums, jump seat, etc.) this one is by far the biggest and will no doubt have an immediate negative impact on many of us.

In Massachusetts there is the state version of Obama care. If you don't qualify for a state subsidy the cheapest plan as of August is 327.00 a month up from 292. In some cases it may be more cost effective to pay the penalty and pay cash for doctors visits.

SmithBarney

what did I say a year ago, Make health care so expensive that we "OPT" for the Govt plan. Only downside to this FedEx will stop making so much $$ from our plan.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would hardly call it jumping the gun. They were told this would be taking place and have spent the last couple years planning and getting things in place.....and then it got pushed back 3 months before it was to go in to effect. You can't plan for these kinds of things overnight when it affects a couple hundred thousand employees. The communication was just starting to come out so it wouldn't be dropped on our laps the day before.

Who effing cares what the details of the new plan are? We already know it will cost us more and negate any sort of raise in October. Net effect= a pay cut.

FedEx2000

Who effing cares what the details of the new plan are? We already know it will cost us more and negate any sort of raise in October. Net effect= a pay cut.

For employee only, I think the lower level plan is $5 a month/no change, and the "Premier" plan will be $89.....a whopping $6 jump. I can't remember the employee+children or employee+spouse off hand as I don't have itin front of me.

MAKAVELI

For employee only, I think the lower level plan is $5 a month/no change, and the "Premier" plan will be $89.....a whopping $6 jump. I can't remember the employee+children or employee+spouse off hand as I don't have itin front of me.
This only shows your ignorance of how this seemingly small increase won't affect us. That 2% may just cover the increase which leaves our take home the same or slightly lower. With inflation that check gets smaller every year. You also aren't saying what the coverage changes are. And we all know the coverage gets cut every year. So instead of beating around the bush why don't you just come out and say how hard you are screwing us this year. Or is just not in your nature to be honest and forthcoming?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I'll stick to my guns. When has there ever been a change to our insurance that hasn't ripped us a new one? Even if the monthly charge is minimally changed, they will absolutely make it up by reaming us elsewhere. Stop the charade. Nobody is buying what management is selling...ZERO. Take your "Yugo" back to the plant and tell Mr.Smith to shove it straight up his ass.

Ricochet1a

Well, if the rates for family coverage go up too much, the wage employees can follow Fred's advice and offer their children up for scientific experiments....

Courier: Wait! I've got something to tell the whole family.

Wife: Go quick and get the other kids.

Courier: Fred has upped the cost for health insurance; I can't afford the family option for health insurance any longer. I'd be destitute if I paid the premiums.

Children: (Astonishment and despair)

Courier: I've got no option but to sell you all for scientific experiments.

Children: (Panic)

Courier: Children, I know you're trying to help, but believe me, my mind is made up. I've given this long, careful thought and it has to be medical experiments for the lot of you.

[video=youtube;FXq6m_JFnKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXq6m_JFnKY[/video]

Bankrupt

what did I say a year ago, Make health care so expensive that we "OPT" for the Govt plan. Only downside to this FedEx will stop making so much $$ from our plan.
I personally cannot afford to absorb any more cost of our health plan,especially earning less money year over year. My only option may be to quit and "stay home with the children" and get them on Medicaid.My husband and I would just go without coverage. He can't afford coverage thru his work so he's on mine. Anyone else ever feel this desperate. I'd hate to rely own the govt for this but can't continue to go much further into debt before the cars are repoed or the house foreclosed. Thanks FedEx for gouging your employees out of a decent living!

thedownhillEXPRESS

I'll stick to my guns. When has there ever been a change to our insurance that hasn't ripped us a new one? Even if the monthly charge is minimally changed, they will absolutely make it up by reaming us elsewhere. Stop the charade. Nobody is buying what management is selling...ZERO. Take your "Yugo" back to the plant and tell Mr.Smith to shove it straight up his ass.

They'll up the max out of pocket significantly again.
This is specifically targeted at the older and sicker employees, and its quite deceiving as its not really true.
Ask Bankrupt what max out of pocket really means when FedEx doesnt include loads of different things into that number.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
So, how does a "union" sound now folks? UPS pays nothing, nada, nil, zilch for the health care. With the amount of employees that Fedex has .. negotiating with an insurance company is not a hard thing to do. Do you really think FedEx is not in cahoots with the insurance guys? The cost of living is at least 6% a year. So a 2/3% raise is going backwards, whether your insurance goes up or not. We had a chance to do what "Big Brown" did; STRIKE! But no, too many folks were scared and this is what happens. Don't complain now. Suck it up or as one of our ex-seniors said, "You don't like it, go work somewhere else!" Your best bet is to try to stay healthy as you can, eat right, exercise and don't stress out that you are getting screwed.