Heard from Helen?

drewed

Shankman
Yea, wednesday she did all the video watching and such
thursday and friday she did a rural route, she said it felt good but she was hurting afterwards.
Next week she goes back to her old route.

trickpony1

Double knee replacement last year

Wait a minute.........

The company nurse told a driver recently that there was nothing about this job that would injure your ankles, knees, hips, back, shoulders or neck so how could this be?

(sarcasm intended)

wyobill

And I was going to teach her the western swing. :happy2: Did you get a taste of retirement Helen? Its great.... I know your getting close. Hope your
knees are Mucho better

over9five

Staff member
Wait a minute.........

The company nurse told a driver recently that there was nothing about this job that would injure your ankles, knees, hips, back, shoulders or neck so how could this be?

(sarcasm intended)

Well, technically, if you use proper methods, she's right....

(also sarcasm intended)

helenofcalifornia

Thanks for all the interest and concern guys. It was a single total knee replacement (TKR) after the unicompartmental knee replacement failed. Leastbest says that there is a driver in his center that has had both knees done and is still driving. There is hope for us old timers.
I returned to "work" on Wednesday which involved the return to work physical, the DOT physical and then all those videos I missed over the year. Actual work started on Thursday which was a cake rural route. Sweet. If only I could do that route for a month or so to get back into UPS shape. I start my regular route on Monday.
First time driving the new trucks with the automatics. Are they nice or what? And the power these trucks have are unbelievable.
Thanks again for the thoughts. See ya in the chat room tonight.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think the new trucks give you a very deserved break, and it sounds like you will benefit. Great news. Good Luck!!

Upslady20

Helen I would kill for an automatic... glad your first few days went well.. how is now back on your route. Did they put an automatic in the lineup for you. I still have problems with my foot but they will not give me one I quit talking to them about it. Finally decided whats the point they don't care if I am in pain as long as the package gets to the door by someone.
I will have to breakdown and have nerve surgery but until then I just mentally tell myself it is not that bad....lol
Oh well I am glad they seem to care about you at your center..