Heard this the other Day

UPSGUY72

There's talk that in the new contract all new hire on Drivers will top out at $22.00

The new contract is three year away. Can we atleast get to middle to end of 2012 before we start to spreading rumors. Also if your going to start spreading rumors about the new contract atleast make them somewhat believable. Cutting the top rate for new driver by almost 30% isn't believable. A rumor like it's going to take 42 or 48 months to make top rate is.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The new contract is three year away. Can we atleast get to middle to end of 2012 before we start to spreading rumors. Also if your going to start spreading rumors about the new contract atleast make them somewhat believable. Cutting the top rate for new driver by almost 30% isn't believable. A rumor like it's going to take 42 or 48 months to make top rate is.

It's valid through July 31,2013, quite a bit less than 3 years.

Also, they're negotiated much earlier. In 1 year they'll be at the table again (roughly).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do think that the company will propose a two-tiered wage with a grandfathering clause for current employees. $22/hr max sounds too low--I would think it would be closer to $25.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My biggest fear is year round helpers. It's coming, just hope it's 10 years away.
I hope and pray to the god I don't believe in that we do get year round helpers. A full time assistant would be just the thing to help ease my final years before retirement :happy2:

some1else

Banned
I cant believe you guys think concessions are a possibility (i know your kidding but still). Concessions are made when company is not making money-- which is no the case!

I think a possibility is they might try to "buy out" our heapthcare depending on how obamacare goes... Alot of people would probably vote for the buyout if it was 5$ an hour then you buy on the exchange.

Im not supporting/arguing about obamacare but its the biggest change since last contract and i think healthcare benefits will be the big thing next negotiation