Heard this the other Day

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by swing_drv, Nov 5, 2010.

1. swing_drv

swing_drv Member

There's talk that in the new contract all new hire on Drivers will top out at $22.00

2. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

If that goes through look for UPS to be even more vigilant about firing any driver that make $30/hour.

3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

They will fire you and then hire you back at $22 cause they value your experience.

4. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

That is a big issue if that's true, union dues is 2 and half times your pay. They would be going backwards

5. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

next contract is a ways off... everything would be rumor at this point

6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

7. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

well, I heard that fed ex and ups were gonna merge.............

8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

The new contract is three year away. Can we atleast get to middle to end of 2012 before we start to spreading rumors. Also if your going to start spreading rumors about the new contract atleast make them somewhat believable. Cutting the top rate for new driver by almost 30% isn't believable. A rumor like it's going to take 42 or 48 months to make top rate is.

9. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I heard that in the new contract we'll get doughnuts and coffee every morning at the PCM.

10. tourists24

really? I heard back massages were required now. hehe

11. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

It's valid through July 31,2013, quite a bit less than 3 years.

Also, they're negotiated much earlier. In 1 year they'll be at the table again (roughly).

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I do think that the company will propose a two-tiered wage with a grandfathering clause for current employees. $22/hr max sounds too low--I would think it would be closer to $25.

13. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

No, you misheard ... that was for the suppervisors and mangers while they are driving around in rented cars.

14. brownmonster

My biggest fear is year round helpers. It's coming, just hope it's 10 years away.

15. brownmonster

16. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

17. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I hope and pray to the god I don't believe in that we do get year round helpers. A full time assistant would be just the thing to help ease my final years before retirement :happy2:

18. tourists24

I thought they had already been doing this for years?

19. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

We're also going to throw in a little "spy pay" for our hard working secret agents.

20. some1else

some1else Active Member

I cant believe you guys think concessions are a possibility (i know your kidding but still). Concessions are made when company is not making money-- which is no the case!

I think a possibility is they might try to "buy out" our heapthcare depending on how obamacare goes... Alot of people would probably vote for the buyout if it was 5$ an hour then you buy on the exchange.

Im not supporting/arguing about obamacare but its the biggest change since last contract and i think healthcare benefits will be the big thing next negotiation