Heat in package car

oldngray

nowhere special
It really sucks when its hotter or you work longer than you expected and your water jug or what ever you have to drink runs out, and you run out of sweat. That is when it gets dangerous.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It really sucks when its hotter or you work longer than you expected and your water jug or what ever you have to drink runs out, and you run out of sweat. That is when it gets dangerous.

Very true. But that's why you make friends with customers and know who and where you can fill your jug with nice cold water throughout the day.

WorknLateHuh

A/C in the package area... that's all i ask. Driving around and delivering in the heat isn't so bad, it's trying to find a pkg and sorting the back. Then you come out of the back, the 100 degrees outside the car hit's you in the face, and it feels like nice cool air.

And how about when you're turning around at the end of a culdesac ya get that nice wind that cuts right through you, almost enough to get off. Don't lie... you know what i'm talkin about. Almost makes ya wanna do like 4 or 5 circles in a row like European Vacation.

FilingBluesFL

A/C works just fine in the FedEx Express, Ground, and feeders down here.

But according to UPS, NO ONE in our "business" has ANY trucks with A/C in them. Not one single person. It's right there, in the news story.

I currently go through 3-4 double big gulp cups worth of water, and that's not including what I sip at water fountains. A good driver knows all the businesses with Ice Makers and water fountains ;) And especially where the A/C'ed bathrooms are lol

Loyal Teamster

In Florida a female UPS driver complained to the news about no A/C in the package cars. She said that she is been admitted to the ER 3 times because of heat exhaustion.

Well I'm a cover driver and sometimes the heat sucks, but if you drink plenty water before, during and after work the heat is not going to be a problem, that is my case. Any driver from Texas, Arizona? I would like to see how you manage the heat, because I know the temp over there is between 100-107 degrees daily.

Here is the full story.
UPS driver fed up with trucks that don't have A/C - Sarasota News | Mysuncoast.com and ABC 7: Local News

UPS is no place for women. they should demote her to small sorts or she should stay in the kitchen.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Loyal Teamster

The story says,"[FONT=Lato, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"The trucks are brown of course, and white topped, which makes like a greenhouse and there is absolutely no air in there maybe a fan. But some of them don't even have that."[/FONT]
[FONT=Lato, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]hmmmmmm, white absorbs less heat, imagine if trucks were Black Topped, it'd be hell.[/FONT]

Bizzob232

2nd generation UPSer
A sup would tell you your next 5 stops should be slid forward all day to minimize time in the back. We all know it's not a practical excuse but I've heard it plenty of times

UPSGUY72

A sup would tell you your next 5 stops should be slid forward all day to minimize time in the back. We all know it's not a practical excuse but I've heard it plenty of times

I do it all day long it saves me a lot of time. Or you can just use the hunt and peck method and hope for the best.

Bizzob232

2nd generation UPSer
I generally clear the 1000-4000 and then reorganize after lunch. Then again most of our routes are 50/50 in-town business/out of town country runners. Gives you more leeway than an all day city route

A/C works just fine in the FedEx Express, Ground, and feeders down here. But according to UPS, NO ONE in our "business" has ANY trucks with A/C in them. Not one single person. It's right there, in the news story.
I think the spokesman used the word "industry" which to UPS is truthful since fedex is an airline or something.