Heat in Warehouse

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
I refuse to go off on tangents unrelated to the OP's post, or engage in strawman arguments with you any longer. No one is complaining about being uncomfortable due to the cold, except you.

UPS has a contractual obligation to attempt to heat the building. They are not fulfilling that obligation, thus the OP should grieve it. Yes, it is possible the heat is broken. UPS then has an obligation to fix it as soon as is reasonable. Regardless of whether the heat is off or broken in the OP's hub, other posters have inferred that UPS purposely keeps the heat off in their hubs. This is improper and should be grieved. How effective the heat is, if at all, whether drivers are colder, no matter what wardrobe the OP has access to, how new the lines in his yard are, how well it's plowed, or how bright it is, is of no consequence.

As a Teamster, if you see a blatant contract violation being committed by UPS, it is your job to grieve it, for the good of everyone.
I agree, I am sure that there are intentional violations regarding the heat in buildings. But the reality is when something isn't working, many times nobody will fix it until they have too.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Buy a freezer/cooler arctic suit, wear it into work. One which it is almost impossible to move in, never mind work in. If promoted, explain that you are following the safety methods by being prepared and dressing appropriately for the weather conditions.

Marne Vet

I'm sure that it's quite uncomfortable... but there IS a heater, is there not? The master agreement states every truck must have a functioning heater.

That's called a Black and White fallacy. Answering "yes" doesn't mean they're even slightly adequate. It's actually hilarious reading your question, because everyone that's ever driven an old 800 during the Winter knows the so-called "heat" is a joke. A functioning heater means it runs. Doesn't mean it actually produces heat or if it does, it isn't adequate enough to heat the cab. hahaha

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Call in sick. It's cheaper than buying a new parka. When enough guys are out, consistently, maybe they'll turn it on.
Ps, I think all you guys working in that cold are truly bad@ss heart-breakers. Really-much respect to you all. Here in Cali it got down in the 30's a few weeks ago and we had the audacity to think it was cold.

browntroll

my hub doesnt have heat from what i have seen/experienced but we do have some automated system that turns on
all the ac units everyday at 7am even days its 30 degrees. i worked one of the pickoffs one day it was 35 degrees, next thing i
know a huge ac unit turns on the best part is its pointed right at us so i got sick sucking cold air for a few hours.

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
I've dealt with the cold today while the overhead doors were open letting all the brown cars in. It gets extremely cold in those trucks, but that's why I wear layer upon layer upon layer upon layer.

Ouch

2 questions that get on my nerves. Is it hot/cold enough for ya? What's in the box? I love saying 10° colder or hotter would be about perfect lol lol lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
twilight zone.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This thread is an important topic for people who are experiencing this record cold and conditions.
Moderation at times is done to keep a thread on topic.
This is not the first time or the last that moderation occurs for this purpose.

Rod