Heat issues with tattoos.

trickpony1

Your local is weak. We had this same issue come up and we prevailed. All new drivers hired after '03 or '04 were made aware of the companies tattoo policy prior to being promoted, and covering their tats was a condition of employment as a driver that they agreed to. The older guys who got hired with visible tats and went for years without covering them were "grandfathered in" and were not forced to cover them up.

Sounds like you've got a real union in your part of the world. A lot of us don't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I can't believe this whole story. Drivers only cover up until they are out of sight of management.

ikoi62

bound brook. That's what I heard. Any guys go down by you guys. I know your bldg. has a lot of guys with tattoos.

Your right 3 guys did go down in BoundBrook...BUT Mr Troll none went down because of tats.. or wearing long shirts or pants..they went down because of the heat and humidity..or over work. i know 2 of them personally and one dosent have any tats..and the other if he has any i cant see them while he is in his shorts and short sleeve shirt.I guess you heard wrong.

I love how people say find a new job if you don't like it if you have to cover your tattoos. They hired me after I got them. The military took me in with them to before ups. They even grandfathered me in but ups not so much. They are just in a pissing match with the company, that's all. 1 out of 4 in a house hold in the US have tattoos and climbing. Soon you will be the minority.

Your right 3 guys did go down in BoundBrook...BUT Mr Troll none went down because of tats.. or wearing long shirts or pants..they went down because of the heat and humidity..or over work. i know 2 of them personally and one dosent have any tats..and the other if he has any i cant see them while he is in his shorts and short sleeve shirt.I guess you heard wrong.
What center where they in?

quamba 638

I love how people say find a new job if you don't like it if you have to cover your tattoos. They hired me after I got them. The military took me in with them to before ups. They even grandfathered me in but ups not so much. They are just in a pissing match with the company, that's all. 1 out of 4 in a house hold in the US have tattoos and climbing. Soon you will be the minority.

Lets hope not....

quamba 638

sigh.....

Lets hope not....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We had plenty of hot summers long before we had shorts. How come I don't remember drivers dropping from the heat? Is it due to A/C that we can't take it?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have perfectly functioning A/C in my pickup that I don't use on my way in to work, just so it doesn't seem even worse in the shop.

cheeks

Do any of your centers provide water? promote continuous hydration in temps/humidity type days. Guys (ladies), take care of yourselves, the company informs you to hydrate. friend*@k SPORH when it comes down to health. Tats or not is not the issue. Long pants/sleeves isn't an arguable issue either. Know the signs of heat exhaustion. slow down, take breaks, take care of yourselves cause you're replaceable and dispensable. If you have to wear long sleeve and pants nobody says you can't soak yourself to stay cool. . .