Heat Wave Hits Northeast.... "Let's cut some routes!"

UPSGUY72

*^&%*&&()&(&%

Don't forget about waiting to after the pcm to do the add cuts. I love it when they cut a route at the last second and tell 45or 6 driver to go get there add cuts out the cut routes car before they leave the building. Nothing like being behind the ball to start.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hate the first day of the week because of the cut routes. I pretty much had to run my route completely out of trace because of all the other route's commercial stops that got put in my 7000 and 8000 Sections. And at the PCM,"We know its hot out there, drink plenty of water".

iruhnman630

No cut routes here. Everybody works, no dispatches over 8 hours unless other than pus, and on-car supes personally deliver snacks of crushed ice treats and fresh fruit to help with the heat.

bigbrownhen

No cut routes here. Everybody works, no dispatches over 8 hours unless other than pus, and on-car supes personally deliver snacks of crushed ice treats and fresh fruit to help with the heat.

You, my friend are suffering from heat stroke, you need to seek immediate medical attention!!

22.34life

I think its funny when i see people in parts of the country that are not used to the extreme heat complain about it,cause down here in south east texas its always a heat wave from may till september.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I did a little research and found out that , in my area (western Oregon), the 4 hottest weeks of the year have historically been the last 2 weeks of July and the first 2 weeks of August.:hot4:

By some strange coincidence...I just happen to be on vacation during those same 4 weeks this year.:swimming:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think its funny when i see people in parts of the country that are not used to the extreme heat complain about it,cause down here in south east texas its always a heat wave from may till september.

If I went down there in the middle of summer I would freaking die.

I dont mind the constant , cloudy, rainy gloom of the Pacific Northwest. I dont mind the snow or freezing cold of winter. But I cant stand the heat. Last year we had a record breaking heatwave in early August where it got up to 107 for three or four days in a row and I was getting physically ill with cramps and nausea. There is only so much water a person can physically force themselves to drink, and I just couldnt keep hydrated.

Fortunately, I have a new high-efficiency central AC system in my house. I like it. A lot. During the summer I keep that bad boy pegged. When I get home after a hot day in the truck, I want to see my breath fogging up in the air. I want to have to piss thru 2 inches of ice floating in my toilet. I want to be scraping the frost off of the mirror in the bathroom before I use it. I like it COLD!!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I actually got a 2-stop split yesterday, one of which was for a business in a busy section of town, so I had to break off and get rid of it to avoid being stuck in the traffic and to avoid missing their close time. There was absolutely no need for it, the route I was doing was comfortably within 8-hour range as was the route the 2-stops came from. Just another example of someone in supervision trying to justify a paycheck. :wacko:

screamin chicken

4 routes a day are cut in this 100 degrees with 100 percent humidity, we have been using helpers all year in plain street clothes, or oher drivers that are laid off....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think its a little different. I could be wrong but I think it is more humid here. It is the humidity that make your clothes fit like saran wrap, and the air heavy to breathe. Its not the heat we complain about. And actually I am not complaining, merely commenting. Ill take this over last winter, hands down every day. I hate the winter.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein, think about if for a second---how practical would A/C in the PC be?

Fedex Express Trucks have A/C here. Besides, just as effecient as the heater in the winter - keep the doors closed !
And, I agree, there should be heating and a/c in the back of the truck, too.