HEAVY?

dezguy

My route is the busiest amongst my work group. I'm usually dishing off or taking packages for a ride because there isn't any help available. Very rarely do I have a slow day.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I've been unusually light for a while now.
I have noticed we're getting in a lot more heavy frt. like more trampolines and partical board furniture.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've been unusually light for a while now.
I have noticed we're getting in a lot more heavy frt. like more trampolines and partical board furniture.
I think the heavyweight division should be taking anything over 75 pounds. This 150 lb. weight limit is crap for Express. How can you get help with this stuff? Rely on the customer? No wonder why there's so many injuries.

Slick silver

For the exception for today. We have been busy at our terminal. Plus I pick up so I usually blow out w700 atleast a night. When they say volume is down at express I just look at my truck every night

Sent using BrownCafe App

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I think the heavyweight division should be taking anything over 75 pounds. This 150 lb. weight limit is crap for Express. How can you get help with this stuff? Rely on the customer? No wonder why there's so many injuries.
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Cactus?....Express only collects envelopes (and light ones at that) - remember????
Now take two aspirin and get to bed and you'll be back to your normal self in the morning....and let's have no more of this silly "150 lb" talk.....why that's simply preposterous

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you worked for the brown slaves 150lbs wouldn't be preposterous lol.
So a 150 lb package weighs less on a UPS truck? Kind of like which weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of gold? That kind of weight is too heavy for you guys too, especially on a routine basis.

Let me ask you, do you guys get help from another driver with those? Someone told me quite awhile ago it was in the union contract you were supposed to get help with anything weighing more than 75 pounds. Is this right?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I always loved going into places and there it would be - sitting there on the dock with an airbill that said exactly 150 lbs. in the weight box ........riiiiiight, uh huh sure

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So a 150 lb package weighs less on a UPS truck? Kind of like which weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of gold? That kind of weight is too heavy for you guys too, especially on a routine basis.

Let me ask you, do you guys get help from another driver with those? Someone told me quite awhile ago it was in the union contract you were supposed to get help with anything weighing more than 75 pounds. Is this right?
Yeah and Santa Claus is real. Hell no you aint getting no help with over 70s. That might be good chunk of your truck over 70s one day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, it we have packages over 70 lbs we are contractually allowed to request help from a fellow hourly. The reality is it would be more hassle than it is worth---the driver on the other route has to break off, which puts him that much further behind----and most of us just "man up" and move the package ourselves.

I had a 128 lb pkg of RTA furniture that was going to a 2nd floor apartment. The box, which was slightly open when it was loaded, had started to fall apart, although the contents were intact. Try as I might, I was unable to "get it up" the stairs. Thankfully there was a bystander who offered to help and we got it up to their front door. He was amazed that we are required to handle these packages by ourselves. The next day I had the same package again (I think it was a duplicate order) but this one was in one piece and I was able to deliver it by myself.

dezguy

I always loved going into places and there it would be - sitting there on the dock with an airbill that said exactly 150 lbs. in the weight box ........riiiiiight, uh huh sure

The best is when you get that one a-hole, when you ask for help they say "isn't that your job?"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The best is when you get that one a-hole, when you ask for help they say "isn't that your job?"

The a-hole is technically right, although it wouldn't kill him to give you a hand.

What do you guys do with overweight packages that have made it to your station? More times than not we deliver them.