Hello (Again)

MC0493

Hey everyone, I was on here briefly for this past peak season as I worked as a temporary driver in my center. Last day was early January and I just got the call to come back on as a permanent full time driver. I realize i'm very lucky to just walk in like this and I'm grateful for the opportunity. Just curious if anyone has any tips or suggestions to get through probation smoothly.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@MC0493, I'm going to move this over to another forum so more people will see it. Hopefully, you might even get some decent advice out of somebody.

Congrats, just don't hit anything and learn to work at a safe pace.

billerz

If you can find out what route u will be training on, ask for a printout of the stops. They should be able to give you a list of how the driver ran it the previous day. Go out and drive the route in your personal car with that list. This helped me out a lot when learning my training route.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It will look wild a few years from now.

Hope that helps?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-12476-1387916597-19.gif

MC0493

Appreciate the input guys, i was never one to party much lol. I'm supposed to start Monday pending a new background check and a couple other things. Currently trying to re-memorize all the dok stuff.

Holydriver

Appreciate the input guys, i was never one to party much lol. I'm supposed to start Monday pending a new background check and a couple other things. Currently trying to re-memorize all the dok stuff.
Here is some good advice. Go out, get the work done while working at a brisk pace, and don't bitch to your manager about stop counts and what not.

ChrisTheBrown

Remember.......
"ALL GOOD KIDS LIKE MILK!"

A- Aim High In Steering
G- Get The BIG Picture
K- Keep Your Eyes Moving
L- Leave Yourself An Out
M- Make Sure They See You

MC0493

I generally shut up and work hard, never really said much while i was around during peak. Just came in, did what they asked me to do and went home.

Holydriver

I generally shut up and work hard, never really said much while i was around during peak. Just came in, did what they asked me to do and went home.
That's probably why your back as a FT hire. Don't let union work take your work ethic away either because it does to some. You'll see..