Hello Brown Cafe!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Life is all about choices.

For example, I was flying back from Iowa yesterday and had grown tired of carrying both my laptop and overnight bags so I decided to check my overnight bag through to Boston. No problem---that'll be $25, please.

I decided to carry the bag and treat myself to a nice lunch in Boston instead. I also saved $5.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Life is all about choices.

For example, I was flying back from Iowa yesterday and had grown tired of carrying both my laptop and overnight bags so I decided to check my overnight bag through to Boston. No problem---that'll be $25, please.

I decided to carry the bag and treat myself to a nice lunch in Boston instead. I also saved $5.
That's actually a good example Dave.

I was also taught to save and have very little debt. But every once in awhile to also treat yourself to something you might want or else you lose sight of why you work so hard.

Discipline is the key. Also you can save for something over time like a big ticket item and then "splurge" and buy it when you are ready.

That's why I shake my head when I see so many young drivers take dead days and yet you can tell they're racking up debt in new cars and houses etc.

Work hard, save and be smart when you're young and have more freedom when you're older.

Even that Starbucks or dunkin donuts coffee every morning adds up.

It is the little things that can make or break you financially.

But there has to be a balance also to enjoy your earnings too.

You did that in your example too

AutoZone

BrownPower
Oh look the TL. Like you, a crappy, boring car.

You worked at an auto parts dealer and you don't even know what a real "race performance " car is?

It's isn't the TL type s. That's like a overpriced Honda Accord V-6.
Wowwwww, that's all you do.. lol yes, the TL type s is thee race inspired top of the line Honda, behind of course the NSX... everything about it is performance driven from the internals in the engine bored out 3.5L motor, to the race inspired suspension. This car out performs the v6 accord easily... so it's not really a comparison...

Yes, an NSX, a gt-r, an is-friend, an m3 are all better vehicles... but I paid $50,000 for mine brand new and it's definitely fun to drive for the price! You go blow your $120,000 wad on a gt-r today, and next year it's worth 70k.. then the next year, 60k.. I've never seen such depreciation on a car like the gt-r has.. at least the m3 and the is-friend hold a little more value over the years..

AutoZone

BrownPower
Oh look the TL. Like you, a crappy, boring car.

You worked at an auto parts dealer and you don't even know what a real "race performance " car is?

It's isn't the TL type s. That's like a overpriced Honda Accord V-6.
And who are you to judge what I like? I could win the lottery tomorrow, and guess what you'll see in my garage?? A lapis blue 2000 civic Si... why? Just cause I've always thought that was a great car... then I'd go find me a white civic type r hatch.. and a yellow type r integra... yes, old boring cars to you.. we know.. but I love them.. again, I'm a Honda guy.. oh well!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's actually a good example Dave.

I was also taught to save and have very little debt. But every once in awhile to also treat yourself to something you might want or else you lose sight of why you work so hard.

Discipline is the key. Also you can save for something over time like a big ticket item and then "splurge" and buy it when you are ready.

That's why I shake my head when I see so many young drivers take dead days and yet you can tell they're racking up debt in new cars and houses etc.

Work hard, save and be smart when you're young and have more freedom when you're older.

Even that Starbucks or dunkin donuts coffee every morning adds up.

It is the little things that can make or break you financially.

But there has to be a balance also to enjoy your earnings too.

You did that in your example too

We had a driver who told us that he spent up to $14 per day while on road. He was shocked when we told him how much that was over the course of a month.

When my kids were younger and wanted something that was rather expensive I would ask them how long Dad would have to work in order to make the money to make that purchase. It became kind of a running joke with us but it also taught them the value of money.

I just came back from spending a few days with my son in Iowa. We went out to where they filmed "Field of Dreams". It is basically a baseball field and a souvenir stand. He bought himself a nice fleece pullover for $50. Personally I never would have considered making that purchase but he said that he likes to get mementos from the places that he goes.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Wowwwww, that's all you do.. lol yes, the TL type s is thee race inspired top of the line Honda, behind of course the NSX... everything about it is performance driven from the internals in the engine bored out 3.5L motor, to the race inspired suspension. This car out performs the v6 accord easily... so it's not really a comparison...

Yes, an NSX, a gt-r, an is-friend, an m3 are all better vehicles... but I paid $50,000 for mine brand new and it's definitely fun to drive for the price! You go blow your $120,000 wad on a gt-r today, and next year it's worth 70k.. then the next year, 60k.. I've never seen such depreciation on a car like the gt-r has.. at least the m3 and the is-friend hold a little more value over the years..
Acura type s is absolutely boring. They're like overpriced Hondas.

If you paid 50k for yours, you paid too much. You could have bought a Lexus IS 350 friend sport that would blow that away in terms of handling, precision and speed. It's based on the LFA exotic platform.

Sadly Acura doesn't integrate their NSX race platform that does well into their type s line. They used to do it in Hondas type R line though years ago. That's why the Honda JDM type r models were awesome.

If you're going to buy Japanese race inspired, Lexus blows Acura out of the water. Hell I'd take a skyline GTR from Nissan over anything Acura makes with exception to the NSX and JDM NSX type R.

The TL s type is basically the Honda Accord V 6 sports type model with an Acura badge put on it. Not much difference in performance or engine specs FOR the price difference. Honda doesn't have anything exciting right now. Even the newly designed TLX is crap. Test drove one and it handled like an accord. Whoever has taken over Acuras design is not doing a good job. The body styling alone is bad. They look like Kia/Hyundai. If you're a premium brand like that, you do better. They aren't. That's why Lexus and the friend sport line is killing them.

Hell 50k could have bought you an Audi S5 or S4 that would outperform a TL.

Come on Jakey, you worked in the auto parts industry and you settled on a TL for 50k???

Man you prove more idiotic as time goes on.

Heck I would of taken a BMW M series over a TL type S any day.

And all nissans/infinti depreciate fast. They always have. Heck, most any cars do with exception to rare and exotics.

The skyline is still a beast and would eat Acura alive.

The NSX is the only Acura worth looking at.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Acura type s is absolutely boring. They're like overpriced Hondas.

If you paid 50k for yours, you paid too much. You could have bought a Lexus IS 350 friend sport that would blow that away in terms of handling, precision and speed. It's based on the LFA exotic platform.

Sadly Acura doesn't integrate their NSX race platform that does well into their type s line. They used to do it in Hondas type R line though years ago. That's why the Honda JDM type r models were awesome.

If you're going to buy Japanese race inspired, Lexus blows Acura out of the water. Hell I'd take a skyline GTR from Nissan over anything Acura makes with exception to the NSX and JDM NSX type R.

The TL s type is basically the Honda Accord V 6 sports type model with an Acura badge put on it. Not much difference in performance or engine specs FOR the price difference. Honda doesn't have anything exciting right now. Even the newly designed TLX is crap. Test drove one and it handled like an accord. Whoever has taken over Acuras design is not doing a good job. The body styling alone is bad. They look like Kia/Hyundai. If you're a premium brand like that, you do better. They aren't. That's why Lexus and the friend sport line is killing them.

Hell 50k could have bought you an Audi S5 or S4 that would outperform a TL.

Come on Jakey, you worked in the auto parts industry and you settled on a TL for 50k???

Man you prove more idiotic as time goes on.

Heck I would of taken a BMW M series over a TL type S any day.

And all nissans/infinti depreciate fast. They always have. Heck, most any cars do with exception to rare and exotics.

The skyline is still a beast and would eat Acura alive.

The NSX is the only Acura worth looking at.
I agree with you on something... wow.. yes Acuras have gotten very boring!!! They have list their edge in the luxury sport market that is being overrun by the Ms, and friend sports.. in 2007 this was the best vehicle you could get your hands on at the time for luxury, style, performance.. behind the m3 or m5.. and i wasn't making enough to afford those at the time.. my type s will be my son's car in 2 years.. it's mint.. could go back the showroom floor.. wish my first car was something this nice.. mine was a 86 Ford tempo with great paint sunburned off.. the all red interior was perfect tho!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
And who are you to judge what I like? I could win the lottery tomorrow, and guess what you'll see in my garage?? A lapis blue 2000 civic Si... why? Just cause I've always thought that was a great car... then I'd go find me a white civic type r hatch.. and a yellow type r integra... yes, old boring cars to you.. we know.. but I love them.. again, I'm a Honda guy.. oh well!
I actually said I like the type R line but as usual, you pick crappy examples. The NSX type R and old school integra type R would be the only ones worth it.

I'm sorry you only limit yourself to being a "Honda" guy. Obviously you've never branched out and driven the more exciting brands and models out there. And yes I'm going to judge you when you spend 50k on a type S and think that's high end performance and you're in the car business?

Yes Honda engineering is boring right now. The NSX is the only thing they have that is exciting. But it's fitting for you. You're an idiotic know it all that thinks he knows everything about everything. But then again you paid 50k for a TL type S. You do know you got ripped off there right? It's sad to see you know as much about cars as you do about being a ups driver. That would be sadly nothing.

If you win the lottery, do the world a favor and buy yourself some common sense.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I agree with you on something... wow.. yes Acuras have gotten very boring!!! They have list their edge in the luxury sport market that is being overrun by the Ms, and friend sports.. in 2007 this was the best vehicle you could get your hands on at the time for luxury, style, performance.. behind the m3 or m5.. and i wasn't making enough to afford those at the time.. my type s will be my son's car in 2 years.. it's mint.. could go back the showroom floor.. wish my first car was something this nice.. mine was a 86 Ford tempo with great paint sunburned off.. the all red interior was perfect tho!
Wait, you said you paid 50k for your TL type S and you couldn't afford a BMW M series? You do know you probably could have bought a M series for 50 k in 2007 easy right! It might have been a year or do used but you could have easily bought a better performance car for 50k in 2007 then the TL type S.

You got taken on that deal.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
We had a driver who told us that he spent up to $14 per day while on road. He was shocked when we told him how much that was over the course of a month.

When my kids were younger and wanted something that was rather expensive I would ask them how long Dad would have to work in order to make the money to make that purchase. It became kind of a running joke with us but it also taught them the value of money.

I just came back from spending a few days with my son in Iowa. We went out to where they filmed "Field of Dreams". It is basically a baseball field and a souvenir stand. He bought himself a nice fleece pullover for $50. Personally I never would have considered making that purchase but he said that he likes to get mementos from the places that he goes.
It's crazy especially with kids how quick it adds up. My teen is saving for his first car. He works a part time job and also offers to do jobs around the house all while maintaining a 4.0 GPA.

We told him we will help him by matching what he saves if he keeps his grades good.

So far he's been saving since he was 12. He will have enough to get a decent car when my brother takes him to one of the auctions.

It's amazing how others view money and saving.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Wait, you said you paid 50k for your TL type S and you couldn't afford a BMW M series? You do know you probably could have bought a M series for 50 k in 2007 easy right! It might have been a year or do used but you could have easily bought a better performance car for 50k in 2007 then the TL type S.

You got taken on that deal.
I bought brand new.. and if you know anything about the car business, for limited edition vehicles, their is what they call factory bump stickers.. that's the extra money(bump) they put on the vehicles because they're in demand.. so my 42k sticker price, was bumped to 48k.. then the factory add ons they preloaded then with.. yes, easily over 50k.. and I'm not buying a 2 year old pre owned m3.. lol that car will have been best to :censored2: by the previous owner and was probably traded in because it got messed up.. anyways.. have a nice day guy!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I bought brand new.. and if you know anything about the car business, for limited edition vehicles, their is what they call factory bump stickers.. that's the extra money(bump) they put on the vehicles because they're in demand.. so my 42k sticker price, was bumped to 48k.. then the factory add ons they preloaded then with.. yes, easily over 50k.. and I'm not buying a 2 year old pre owned m3.. lol that car will have been best to :censored2: by the previous owner and was probably traded in because it got messed up.. anyways.. have a nice day guy!
If you're going to buy a "limited edition" the TL type S was a poor choice.

You would have gotten better handling and performance out of an M3 for that money any day. Or an Audi S4 would have been better.

Most BMW m3 series that are certified by BMW at trade in are not "messed up". It's about doing your homework on any car. Any M series is better than any type S series any day. I'm not a big BMW fan but let's be real here. Acura is not a performance brand. They are Hondas "luxury" brand and they aren't real great on that realm either. For 50k a Mercedes's is more "luxury" than that. The only think Honda/Acura have going for them is low maintenance costs and longevity. That's why they're good family/"soccer mom" cars. They're not "performance/racing inspired cars.

If you're big on Japanese racing inspired, Lexus/Toyota beats them every day. Their LFA platform is amazing. That's what they are building the IS models off and the friend sport line on some of their other models. There's a reason if you buy an Acura/Honda, you have to put a turbo or do an engine swap on those to have any real "performance". Hell Nissan seems to be killing them too. That's why I bring up the skyline. And not just the new skyline but I like the old JDM skyline GTRs. Those eat civics and integras for lunch.

You paid too much for a 2007 TL type S "premium edition " or whatever you want to call it. You can label it any way you want but in 2007, there were way better cars out there even brand new than a TL. There's a reason Acura got rid of that model and merged it's platform with the TSX into the TLX.

It's an average performing car. You can't admit that because that's apparent that is all you've ever driven for your "high end performance".

Geez for 50k, a Lexus IS 350 even without the friend sport badge handled better and is more performing in that year.

Big auto parts guy with all your years in the business with dealerships and you didn't have contacts to get a better hook up than having to pay full price? I would think with all your knowledge and contacts even you would of found a better deal even on a limited " edition " model.

My brother buys and flips cars for his business and his first rule is everything can be bought below sticker. Everything.

AutoZone

BrownPower
If you're going to buy a "limited edition" the TL type S was a poor choice.

You would have gotten better handling and performance out of an M3 for that money any day. Or an Audi S4 would have been better.

Most BMW m3 series that are certified by BMW at trade in are not "messed up". It's about doing your homework on any car. Any M series is better than any type S series any day. I'm not a big BMW fan but let's be real here. Acura is not a performance brand. They are Hondas "luxury" brand and they aren't real great on that realm either. For 50k a Mercedes's is more "luxury" than that. The only think Honda/Acura have going for them is low maintenance costs and longevity. That's why they're good family/"soccer mom" cars. They're not "performance/racing inspired cars.

If you're big on Japanese racing inspired, Lexus/Toyota beats them every day. Their LFA platform is amazing. That's what they are building the IS models off and the friend sport line on some of their other models. There's a reason if you buy an Acura/Honda, you have to put a turbo or do an engine swap on those to have any real "performance". Hell Nissan seems to be killing them too. That's why I bring up the skyline. And not just the new skyline but I like the old JDM skyline GTRs. Those eat civics and integras for lunch.

You paid too much for a 2007 TL type S "premium edition " or whatever you want to call it. You can label it any way you want but in 2007, there were way better cars out there even brand new than a TL. There's a reason Acura got rid of that model and merged it's platform with the TSX into the TLX.

It's an average performing car. You can't admit that because that's apparent that is all you've ever driven for your "high end performance".

Geez for 50k, a Lexus IS 350 even without the friend sport badge handled better and is more performing in that year.

Big auto parts guy with all your years in the business with dealerships and you didn't have contacts to get a better hook up than having to pay full price? I would think with all your knowledge and contacts even you would of found a better deal even on a limited " edition " model.

My brother buys and flips cars for his business and his first rule is everything can be bought below sticker. Everything.
Lol.. dude.. get over it.. I'm a Honda guy.. not a bimmer guy.. or a yota guy.... HONDA! Now stop please.. geeze..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Lol.. dude.. get over it.. I'm a Honda guy.. not a bimmer guy.. or a yota guy.... HONDA! Now stop please.. geeze..
Ooh you're so cool. You're a "Honda" guy. Like all the other 16 year olds who try to get their cars to look like something out of the "fast and the furious" crowd.

It is clearly apparent you don't know crap about cars just like you don't know crap about being a ups driver.

What's it like going through life as pathetic as you Jakey?

What's a yota? Ooh you mean Toyota or better yet Lexus?

Not my fault you have terrible taste in "performance " cars.

And you worked in the auto parts industry and you're a "Honda" guy? Well it's fitting. Most Hondas/Acuras need a crapload of parts to actually perform compared to out of the box like Lexus or Audi.

God you really suck at all this don't you?

Now please come back and tell how awesome your suped up civic SI is. What are you 16?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1465164009.440440.jpg

Last edited:

AutoZone

BrownPower
Ooh you're so cool. You're a "Honda" guy. Like all the other 16 year olds who try to get their cars to look like something out of the "fast and the furious" crowd.

It is clearly apparent you don't know crap about cars just like you don't know crap about being a ups driver.

What's it like going through life as pathetic as you Jakey?

What's a yota? Ooh you mean Toyota or better yet Lexus?

Not my fault you have terrible taste in "performance " cars.

And you worked in the auto parts industry and you're a "Honda" guy? Well it's fitting. Most Hondas/Acuras need a crapload of parts to actually perform compared to out of the box like Lexus or Audi.

God you really suck at all this don't you?

Now please come back and tell how awesome your suped up civic SI is. What are you 16?View attachment 83556
Lol you just can't stop..

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
House is halfway paid off(will be in 7 years. 15 year mortgage but the building process added 2 years. Would have paid quicker but we pay the principle down each month by sending in 2-3x what the mortgage is so it might actually be before that mark. I'd have to look at the remaining principle and calculate but I'm speculation worst case scenario is 7 more years).
Cars are paid off except 1lease(2 cars paid off)
Boats are paid off
Wave runners are paid in full
Beach house is paid off and rented out seasonal for more income
1st house is paid off and used as a rental property for more income.
Kids college funds are more than adequately funded
Savings and retirements are in the amounts that are more than comfortable.
Trust funds are being funded for our children's future.
Business investments and other financial investments are not only funded but are making more now that the profit is growing at a safe steady rate.
Stock portfolio is well rounded and funded well.
We also help out both our sets of parents with their retirement. And we invested 20% in my brothers car business which is actually making good money on the return.

Cars depreciate by 40%. You're right on that. That's why we bought two at auction in cash and I lease mine. No maintenance and you don't lose money on trading it in after the lease if you negotiate well.
How do you afford all that working the same job I do!?