Hello Brown Cafe!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well.... he was the one who interviewed me for the gig so he wanted to know why I decided to work here considering I am already employed.

Roger that though, I plan on keeping my mouth shut and busting my a-- for however long it takes.
Its a PT job....we all are employed elsewhere.

oldngray

nowhere special
Frenchmodel.jpg

BrownThunder

Its a PT job....we all are employed elsewhere.

My point was, I volunteered info to my center manager because he was the one conducting the interview. My resume was in his hands so he knew I was employed. It was at that point that I told him about my UPS ambitions.

This was addressing your comment about never volunteering information to your center manager.

As far as me, I'm a warehouse manager for a well known industrial supplier during my 9-5.

BrownThunder

My first day was last night. Everyone's been through it so I'll spare the details. There are way more women working there than I figured there would be. I was the only man in our group of 6 new hires.

Dude846

Backpacks with Jets
It's nice to see someone that's more greener than I am already.

It's a sausage fest where I work. But at the same time, it's also pretty relaxed. Boxes out, boxes in. I just gotta work on the whole knowing the tetris thing. And getting some steel toe boots or military boots. It's not the large ones that catch me off guard. I expect them to be heavy. It's the small -but have the density of a dying star- that makes me pucker.

My first job is mostly around women. So it's a very welcome change.

BrownThunder

I'm on my 5th week, and everything is going great. I really enjoy the people who work there. Culturally, it's a wonderful fit in contrast to my 9-5. The work is hell, but we're all in it together.

After I pass probation I'm going to take my sort exam and become the saturday air driving coordinator's new pain in the ass until I can get some training.

PT Car Washer

I'm on my 5th week, and everything is going great. I really enjoy the people who work there. Culturally, it's a wonderful fit in contrast to my 9-5. The work is hell, but we're all in it together.

After I pass probation I'm going to take my sort exam and become the saturday air driving coordinator's new pain in the ass until I can get some training.
Great plan working Sat. Air. After 24 months, $26+/hr for riding around on Saturday morning. Beats loading boxes for $35/day.

Mr.Golden

Did you compare your benefits yet. I'm betting UPS would be better than your other job when it comes to benefits

BrownThunder

I have not compared my benefits, but I cannot wait to switch over to ups. I currently pay $400o for myself/wife/daughter.

That should free up some monthly expenses.

My day job I manage a warehouse for a industrial supplier

As soon as I pass probation I'll be making the switch

BrownThunder

Great plan working Sat. Air. After 24 months, $26+/hr for riding around on Saturday morning. Beats loading boxes for $35/day.

You're telling me. My PT sup told me the great thing about loading, is it's the worst position at UPS. It can only get better from here. I'm talking to the drivers who convinced me to apply in the first place every time i run into them. Everyone I talk to says the wait will not be terribly long. Around september I'll get my chance to earn my browns.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I wouldn't go out and get fitted for that uni just yet. Maybe so in your building, But in a lot of buildings it takes years to go FT. Just sign every bid sheet, like someone said. and btw, I found the unload to be the most difficult, and I've done most of the jobs that ups has to offer.

Dude846

Backpacks with Jets
Sounds like you and I have something in common, BrownThunder.

I've been trying to take every job I can. Help people out as much as I can - even if it's to switch the mechanic's radio station from Destiny's Child to something else. I need to find out more about what's available. Although given my life-long career has been in IT, I'll probably try this route.