Hello Brown Cafe!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Update:

Tomorrow is day 23. I pretty much have this in the bag now as long as I don't have any accidents. Last night my ORS sent me back out after my route was done to knock out 20 resis. From what I was told, this basically automatically qualified me.

One guy said as long as I don't crash they can't wash me. Not going to test them on that theory, but it feels good to go from petrified and stressed out to where I am now. Looks like the boys in the office have faith in my abilities

Boy, I'll tell ya.... God is good!

Running off the resis does not automatically qualify you but it does sound as though you have made it. Good job.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Update:

Tomorrow is day 23. I pretty much have this in the bag now as long as I don't have any accidents. Last night my ORS sent me back out after my route was done to knock out 20 resis. From what I was told, this basically automatically qualified me.

One guy said as long as I don't crash they can't wash me. Not going to test them on that theory, but it feels good to go from petrified and stressed out to where I am now. Looks like the boys in the office have faith in my abilities

Boy, I'll tell ya.... God is good!
Happy for you brother!

BrownThunder

They had me running resis last night also. We split up 30 stops between myself and another driver. It was dark and cold but I was having a ball! Easy money too, I told my ORS don't even ask me just tell me you have some extra work coming after the shift.

Compared to my training route (99% Business/Bulk), these resi stops are layups.

Anthonysg0113

They had me running resis last night also. We split up 30 stops between myself and another driver. It was dark and cold but I was having a ball! Easy money too, I told my ORS don't even ask me just tell me you have some extra work coming after the shift.

Compared to my training route (99% Business/Bulk), these resi stops are layups.
It's overtime as well!! If they send you back out, take a couple hours.

Last edited:

BrownThunder

I sure did! Took my break right after I xfered Edd. We were right next to a convenience store so I ran in to get a coffee and a flashlight.

On the way to our meeting point I had to catch myself on the freeway. Had to remind myself this isn't the AM, there are no commit stops on my truck. "You're making 28 bucks an hour right now... Chill out, be safe and milk the clock!"

BrownThunder

Update: today was day 29. They have pulled me off my training route to make room for a new hire who's fresh out of Integrad.

I came in, had our daily pre-PCM meeting with our mentor and a couple of the new guys and I stood around for about 30min

My ORS comes up to me and says they're over dispatched and there's no work for me today. I shrug and head home.

Question: I clocked 1 1/2 hours today, so today is counted towards probation right?

My ORS said tomorow he's gonna take me out on a neighboring route to expand my area knowledge and give me the best odds at being a success in a newer place.

I'm not gonna complain about a day off, especially with peak (and plenty of work) on the way.

Like 3 of us rookies got sent home today. 2 of us were talking about saying f_ck it and pursuing the feeders route right out of the gate.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Update: today was day 29. They have pulled me off my training route to make room for a new hire who's fresh out of Integrad.

I came in, had our daily pre-PCM meeting with our mentor and a couple of the new guys and I stood around for about 30min

My ORS comes up to me and says they're over dispatched and there's no work for me today. I shrug and head home.

Question: I clocked 1 1/2 hours today, so today is counted towards probation right?

My ORS said tomorow he's gonna take me out on a neighboring route to expand my area knowledge and give me the best odds at being a success in a newer place.

I'm not gonna complain about a day off, especially with peak (and plenty of work) on the way.

Like 3 of us rookies got sent home today. 2 of us were talking about saying f_ck it and pursuing the feeders route right out of the gate.
Yeah that's what I would do just say
:censored2: it and go straight to Feeders
SMH!!!
The future of this company

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I wish I had thought of that!

naked-gun-face-palm-head-slap-doh-1360196138K.gif

BrownThunder

Straight to feeders just meant keep an eye out on the bid charts and put our name when the chance came. Didn't mean just say I wanna go into feeders tomorrow...

upschuck

Sounds like they have conceded your qualification. Congrats.

How did you get 1 1/2 hrs if you didn't go out on route?

BrownThunder

Our mentor meeting started at 0800 so we were told we would be paid for that 1/2 hour before PCM. We waited around from 0830 until about 0915 to see if we would get to go out. I spent the last 15min getting my name switched to the center rather than the hub so my checks will start being processed different.

BrownThunder

It's been 6 months since my last check in, time flies!

I have mastered (no Google maps needed) 7 routes. Know them front/backwards.

I am far less enthusiastic about going back out to help with stops, but when I go back and read this thread (like I just did) it reminds me of how far I have come.

I put my name down for feeders but my HR contact told me I'm low on the list and the wait will be a while.

I'm feeling like a driver now. The last route they threw me on I had zero experience but I made up for my lack of area knowledge with hustle and finished with nothing missed for the day. 138 stops and I had just enough time to make service on two misloads + take 1hr lunch before pickups.

My ORS/center manager is proud of me. I'm happy to make him look good.

Now I'm just waiting for that glorious day when I reach top scale.

Man... God is real no one can convince me otherwise!!! Thank you!!! Have a great rest of your weekend. Reading this always puts me in a good mood.

I am far less enthusiastic about going back out to help with stops, but when I go back and read this thread (like I just did) it reminds me of how far I have come.

I put my name down for feeders but my HR contact told me I'm low on the list and the wait will be a while.

I'm feeling like a driver now. The last route they threw me on I had zero experience but I made up for my lack of area knowledge with hustle and finished with nothing missed for the day. 138 stops and I had just enough time to make service on two misloads + take 1hr lunch before pickups.

Man... God is real no one can convince me otherwise!!! Thank you!!! Have a great rest of your weekend. Reading this always puts me in a good mood.
Congratulations

AutoZone

BrownPower

Congrats brother!!! I just got my call last week to prepare for driving class... after only 8 months!! :) Makes me super happy to look back on all the :censored2: talkers on this app to only show they don't know what they're talking about. Keep doing good things!! Be safe out there.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Congrats brother!!! I just got my call last week to prepare for driving class... after only 8 months!! :) Makes me super happy to look back on all the :censored2: talkers on this app to only show they don't know what they're talking about. Keep doing good things!! Be safe out there.
Sure you did. Except the Orlando hub just laid off a bunch of TCDs and FT drivers because some feeder drivers got sent back to package.

Let us know if you ever make your 30. You won't because we are all betting you'll be the guy with the accident or injury before that happens.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Sure you did. Except the Orlando hub just laid off a bunch of TCDs and FT drivers because some feeder drivers got sent back to package.

Let us know if you ever make your 30. You won't because we are all betting you'll be the guy with the accident or injury before that happens.
Again, no clue what you're talking about.. they just opened up 17 22.3 jobs.. drivers are jumping on them.. on top of 7 west center routes up for bid and 9 East center routes.. keep talking when you have no idea.. every cover driver that's been out since peak is still out driving right now.. they walk by me every night..