Hello fellow UPS ers

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by UPSBluRdg03, Jan 18, 2010.

1. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Hey everybody. Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I actually just found the site today. Cant beleive I have never heard anyone mention it. Anyway, Im 23 and Ive been with UPS for 6 years working at the Roanoke,VA Hub. Ive been a temp driver June 1 to Dec 31 for the past 2 years and the rest of the year Im a pickoff on an outbound on the Twi sort. Holding out for a FT delivery job that wont come soon enough.
    Seems to be a ton of useful info here that I hope I am able to contribute to as well.

2. tonyexpress

tonyexpress Whac-A-Troll Patrol Staff Member

UPSBlueRdg03,

Welcome to the BrownCafe! Yes you will find a lot of useful information here and we look forward to your contribution.:peaceful:

3. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Thanks Tony. Got a whoping 4 hrs and 20 min in tonight. Gotta find a job till June, this aint gonna cut it.

4. 22.3

22.3 New Member

6 years? so you were 16 when you started?

5. sgabler

sgabler New Member

Can anyone tell me about Transfers?? Is there a time limit from when you start till you can transfer to another facility? Thanks for the info...

6. UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS Well-Known Member

nice catch....

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

23-6=17

8. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

17 when I started. Thanks Upstate for solving that difficult equation

9. UPSSOCKS

The newbie has an attitude...

10. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Haha. Come on, I know everybody loves a smartass

11. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

we love dumb asses too!! (just sayin')

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

...classic case of pot calling the kettle black.:wink2:

13. 22.3

22.3 New Member

sorry, i was half in the bag when i wrote that, i was just curious how you started to work for ups before the age of 18?

14. UPSSOCKS

We hire kids in high school now... Get with the times man.... I've heard of 17 year old supervisors....

15. Did someone call my screen name??:peaceful:

16. Did someone call my screen name?:peaceful:

17. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Yep just had to be 17 to apply. I didnt turn 18 for 7 months after I started. There was about 6 guys out of my senior class that all applied, took the tour, and got the job around the same time I did. Within less than a year I was the only one left. Rest got fired or quit.