hello from Barrie Ontario, Canada - looking for diad tips

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BarrieBoy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. BarrieBoy

BarrieBoy New Member

hy my name is chris and i've been with ups for 17 years, i just had some questions about the diad 3 since we are still using it, and wanted to know any shortcuts or info about the board that not everybody would know?:happy2:

2. tonyexpress

tonyexpress Whac-A-Troll Patrol Staff Member

Hi Barrie,

Welcome to the Brown Cafe! I'm sure someone here has plenty of tricks up their sleeve..:wink2:

3. Browner

Browner New Member

Well a lot Ive learned about this diad is from a rookie (well 5 years of service) He knows all about time allowance features but the best thing that he has told me and have used a few times is that if/when diad goes into basecom just remove the battery and reinstall bang/zoom back up and running. If you dont know where or how to do this the battery is at the bottom of the diad and has a large screw slot on it so use a looney or even the pkg car # tag on the key ring turn it counter clockwise like a half turn and it comes out just push it back in and diad reboots not losing any imfo. After you do this go back into edit deliveries because once I had to go and rescan my last delivery.
    This may be obvious to you but I have only known it for a few years.
    Oh and another thing I learned just a few months ago was if you typed in an address and now your into company hit little arrow up and it will show you a group of streets that are close by Very handy if your a swing driver or loading an unfirmiliar truck.
    Yeah I said Loonie.

4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

StevetheUPSguy posts have quite a few pictures of the DIAD but that's another story.:biting:

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Do you buy your salt in bulk or just when you need it?

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Giggling...................:happy-very:

7. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

Did you used to work in humber center?

8. wrecker

wrecker Member

Big fan of the little flashlight... cycle key then light key. great for key entering in the dark.

Comm menu - Rad_off... gets rid of those pesky ods messages. Another personal favorite.