Hello from Miami, Florida

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by jcolome, Nov 18, 2013.

1. jcolome

jcolome New Member

I am new here and would like to say hello to all. I just took my first training class today in the Hialeah office. Information overload.

150 stops a day ? could that be correct ? hmmmm - that's around 18 stops an hour - ouch!
  2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I do 160 stops a day by myself, you have an easy route!
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

depends on the route. On some 150 isn't even 8 hours of work, on others it can be more than 12.
  4. Scratch sets the bar. The rest of us, can only dream to be that good!
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Since I'm old with some gray too, there is a lot of wisdom in stating that all routes are different. I don't know if the original poster is starting as a peak driver or helper, 150 stops and a hundred miles works up to a nine hour day on my route by myself.
  6. And. 10.5 for the rest of us!
  7. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Last week twice 190 stops 320 pieces and over 150 miles. Thank god I had a jumper for at least 6 hours. And that's out of a 700
  8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

How was there enough room for the jumper in the truck? Have him stand on the bottom step and hang on to the grab rail like the trash men do.
  9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Called skills baby. Do the little intangibles for it to fit right in truck.
  10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Jman....was this pic after operation reload i'm assuming? Set us up next time with before and after pics....lol.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why is your NDA on the floor rather than the 1000 section?

190 stops, 320 pieces and 150 miles would be considered an excessive dispatch and would never be put on road in my center.
  13. jcolome

jcolome New Member

how many hours you put in ?
  14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Like that everyday sir in my ghetto center.