Hello Guys ! Quick question, when does UPS driver helper usually start work ?

menotyou

bella amicizia
mid-november some places. December for others. Being an on-call job, there is no set rule. Depends on the area. My center, the day the contract says they can. November 10, I think.

rocket man

most start working about 19 to 21 and some who start driving later in life? some companys start at 9 am some at 4 am some some at 6 am . what do you do ? and what time do you start? WE at brown cafe need to no??????????????

Hey guys, UPS has still not contacted me for the driver helper position .... I am little bit concern regarding my application. Is there any phone number I can call to check my status ? Thanks

Hi guys !

Sorry for being so persistent about my concern, but I have yet to get a call from UPS for the ups driver helper position spot. I also just received this weird email from UPSjobs:

Dear Applicant, PLEASE DONOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. If you are still interested in working for UPS, then you are invited to go back on line to UPSjobs.com and schedule yourself for an information session. Currently, there are a limited number of slots available and they will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Please note that these slots get filled very quickly. Thanks.

Can anyone explain what this means as far my application goes

brown bomber

brown bomber
back in the " good old days", I used my helper (the same one)......every day from Dec. 1st through Christmas eve........you develop a good, working relationship with your co-worker........never abused them, did my fair share of work, bought them lunch, split my Christmas tips w/ them, and then gave them a present at the end of the season.........as it's set-up now, why would any one want to be a helper........you're being pushed aside by inside employees, that don't want to bust there ass, unlike some college kid who will......I'll take an outside worker over an insider anytime

Thanks. I just came back from UPS Human resource and apparently there was a typo regarding my social security number. Gladly, they were able to fix it and I was told to wait for them to call me.

whiskers

back in the " good old days", I used my helper (the same one)......every day from Dec. 1st through Christmas eve........you develop a good, working relationship with your co-worker........never abused them, did my fair share of work, bought them lunch, split my Christmas tips w/ them, and then gave them a present at the end of the season.........as it's set-up now, why would any one want to be a helper........you're being pushed aside by inside employees, that don't want to bust there ass, unlike some college kid who will......I'll take an outside worker over an insider anytime

I like the part about buying lunch, not abusing, and doing your fair share of work, But I'm an inside worker that also does driver helper. I BUST MY ASS. I can use a diad, I do more than "walk at a brisk pace" at every stop no matter how sore I am, I bring a good flashlight to look for addresses after dark. To say that all inside employees don't want to bust their ass is a huge generalization, and somewhat offensive.

AssistantSanta

Who gives you tips? I don't really see consignees much. I'm told to drop, knock and turn around as quickly as I can. Sometimes I see them, but usually I'm already in the truck by then.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who gives you tips? I don't really see consignees much. I'm told to drop, knock and turn around as quickly as I can. Sometimes I see them, but usually I'm already in the truck by then.

Tips (which we are not allowed to accept :wink2:) are normally given by commercial customers. You may have the occasional residential customer who is a regular give you a tip as well. I either split any tips that I receive with my helper or keep them and give him $50. I normally take them out to lunch on the last day, which is usually Christmas Eve, but since it is on a Saturday this year Friday will be a regular day so I don't know if lunch will be an option.