Hello

k_Loader_Airhub

Hi guys/gals, long time upser but got ***** in the begining.

I first started off with a contract company at CAE airhub long ago, Called Eagle Aviation, I put in 10 long years with this contract, and UPS took over 3 years ago.

Its sucks i put in all those years with contract that dont count for my Seniorty..

Anyways thought i would introduce myself, I am a k-loader driver with UPS airhub at CAE airport.

:biting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. That does suck. By the way, although I don't like the fact that they filter curse words here...rules are rules. I don't think the mods will like you bypassing the filter. :/ Sorry bored.

k_Loader_Airhub

Hi. That does suck. By the way, although I don't like the fact that they filter curse words here...rules are rules. I don't think the mods will like you bypassing the filter. :/ Sorry bored.

Bro, its all cool i know my way around computers/forums etc.. , in fact i most likely can do a better job than those in my load planning .But Nooo, they want a degree or you to be in college.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Other than your loss of seniority, is it safe to assume that your contract w/UPS is better than you had with Carrier Pigeon or Eagle Aviation or whatever they were called? Also, Diego had it right--lose the curse words. I am sure you can express the same emotions without going there.

k_Loader_Airhub

Other than your loss of seniority, is it safe to assume that your contract w/UPS is better than you had with Carrier Pigeon or Eagle Aviation or whatever they were called? Also, Diego had it right--lose the curse words. I am sure you can express the same emotions without going there.

Ok sorry , i will respect this forum , but , it blows (is this better term) i got screwed by UPS . Only reason im there now is my kids needs good health insurance.But After 10 years of contract and 3 years with UPS ,you would think i could get at least a full time job , rather it be a shifter or anything , I have worked around multi million dollar airplanes(dc-8, 757,Airbus,767,747,dc-10 etc...!!)​

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let me preface this by saying I am a straight shooter and say what I feel, not what I think someone wants to hear. That being said, if you don't like your job or don't care for the UPS contract, quit and find another job. It's really that simple.

rod

Retired 22 years
Blows and screwed are much better words:happy-very: . This whole subject of "bad words reminds me of George Carlins 7 words you can't say- one of the funniest comedy spots you will ever hear. Carry on:peaceful:

k_Loader_Airhub

Let me preface this by saying I am a straight shooter and say what I feel, not what I think someone wants to hear. That being said, if you don't like your job or don't care for the UPS contract, quit and find another job. It's really that simple.

Typical non Union response i would hear from human resources​

Blows and screwed are much better words:happy-very: . This whole subject of "bad words reminds me of George Carlins 7 words you can't say- one of the funniest comedy spots you will ever hear. Carry on:peaceful:

I got all of his vids on rapidshare i can link you too.​

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, I am 19 years Union (admittedly not the most ardent Union supporter).

I could care less about the "bad words". I just feel that there are much better ways for someone to express themselves and the use of "bad words" leads me to form a stereotype of the person which may be far removed from reality.

You have yet to tell us what is so wrong with your contract or outline the differences between the contract you had with Eagle and the current contract.

I will stand by my response. If you don't like your job or your contract, leave. I am sure there are many who would love to take your place.

Bro, its all cool i know my way around computers/forums etc.. , in fact i most likely can do a better job than those in my load planning .But Nooo, they want a degree or you to be in college.

What does knowing your way around a PC have anything to do with mods more than likely not liking your bypassing their filter?

Ok sorry , i will respect this forum , but , it blows (is this better term) i got screwed by UPS . Only reason im there now is my kids needs good health insurance.But After 10 years of contract and 3 years with UPS ,you would think i could get at least a full time job , rather it be a shifter or anything , I have worked around multi million dollar airplanes(dc-8, 757,Airbus,767,747,dc-10 etc...!!)​

I take that you get the free benefits. If so the only thing you have to complain about is lack of seniority. And even then if you were there BEFORE the takeover...then that means you have the most if not the same seniority there. Unless their were transfers, but from what I gather they lose seniority in their job class. Am I totally wrong here?

k_Loader_Airhub

I could care less about the "bad words". I just feel that there are much better ways for someone to express themselves and the use of "bad words" leads me to form a stereotype of the person which may be far removed from reality.

You have yet to tell us what is so wrong with your contract or outline the differences between the contract you had with Eagle and the current contract.​

I will stand by my response. If you don't like your job or your contract, leave. I am sure there are many who would love to take your place.​

Do you even Read???? I was!!! with contract for 10 years !!!, Now im a UPSER's, It sucks i put in 10 years with a contract company and now 3 years with UPS, It blows they did not honor my 10 years i put in with contract , doing the same job i still do to this day. Like i said in another post UPS dont care about us little people...

dillweed

First time I looked at the dirty word the spelling reminded me of puked.

"Like i said in another post UPS dont care about us little people"
k_loader, you are correct. They don't care about their higher-ups either. We're all just tools so never take them to heart. :happy2:

Channahon

Do you even Read???? I was!!! with contract for 10 years !!!, Now im a UPSER's, It sucks i put in 10 years with a contract company and now 3 years with UPS, It blows they did not honor my 10 years i put in with contract , doing the same job i still do to this day. Like i said in another post UPS dont care about us little people...​

I spent 27 years in UPS management, and know how the processes work regarding contract vendors and temp agencies.

You were an employee of a Eagle Aviation, which had a contractual agreement as a outside vendor with UPS to provide aviaiton services, which is not uncommon at airport facilities.

You were not a UPS employee the whole 10 years you worked there. Maybe you should have asked more questions before becoming a UPS employee.

Having said that, there is no need to bad mouth UPS in this forum. And quite honestly, if you only have 3 years with UPS, you may want to pursue other interest, as I imagine you will carry your grudge with you forever.

drewed

Shankman
Yea if youre going to complain about anyone it should be eagle aviation for being took over. Airport operations contracts change can change hands as quickly as theyre made, and it most cases its cheaper for UPS to do its own operations

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you even Read???? I was!!! with contract for 10 years !!!, Now im a UPSER's, It sucks i put in 10 years with a contract company and now 3 years with UPS, It blows they did not honor my 10 years i put in with contract , doing the same job i still do to this day. Like i said in another post UPS dont care about us little people...​

I can read. I was simply asking you about the differences in the contracts when you were with Eagle Aviation and the contract you have now with UPS. I now realize that you are simply whining that the 10 years you spent with Carrier Pigeon don't count toward your UPS time. Well, duh!! If that were the case, I should add my 8 years in the Air Force to my 19 years UPS and I would be 3 years shy of retiring. In what universe do you think that the time you spent with I Never Heard of Aviation should count toward your time with UPS?

UPS doesn't care about the little people while they are employed elsewhere and why should they. Perhaps you should have stayed with Puddlejumper Air.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

You have yet to tell us what is so wrong with your contract or outline the differences between the contract you had with Eagle and the current contract.

I will stand by my response. If you don't like your job or your contract, leave. I am sure there are many who would love to take your place.

I can read. I was simply asking you about the differences in the contracts when you were with Eagle Aviation and the contract you have now with UPS. I now realize that you are simply whining that the 10 years you spent with Carrier Pigeon don't count toward your UPS time. Well, duh!! If that were the case, I should add my 8 years in the Air Force to my 19 years UPS and I would be 3 years shy of retiring. In what universe do you think that the time you spent with I Never Heard of Aviation should count toward your time with UPS?

UPS doesn't care about the little people while they are employed elsewhere and why should they. Perhaps you should have stayed with Puddlejumper Air.

I'm still Laughing. Once again, upstate, I am impressed by your straight shooting and humor. Can I add true life experience and all the rest of the jobs I've had, including McDonalds? I retire tomorrow!!!

I spent 27 years in UPS management, and know how the processes work regarding contract vendors and temp agencies.

You were an employee of a Eagle Aviation, which had a contractual agreement as a outside vendor with UPS to provide aviaiton services, which is not uncommon at airport facilities.

You were not a UPS employee the whole 10 years you worked there. Maybe you should have asked more questions before becoming a UPS employee.

Having said that, there is no need to bad mouth UPS in this forum. And quite honestly, if you only have 3 years with UPS, you may want to pursue other interest, as I imagine you will carry your grudge with you forever.

Very well said Channahon. You and upstate have said it all. Hey Chan, on a lighter note. My daughters love your avatar.

Last edited:

Channahon

Steve,
Thanks, glad the girls enjoy the avatar. They might recognize it as Puss in the Shrek movies, who was my favorite character!!
Chan

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve,
Thanks, glad the girls enjoy the avatar. They might recognize it as Puss in the Shrek movies, who was my favorite character!!
Chan

Which Shrek was it where Puss and Donkey switched voices?

That was Shrek the 3rd, upstate. They also switched bodies.We watch all of those movies together. My girls will come up to me and try to imitate the eyes that puss puts on when they want something. Maybe if k_Loader_Airhub thought more about his family, he'd think about the future instead of what happened 3 years ago at Pterodactyl Airways.:wink2:

evilleace

I am sorry you feel this way about your 10 yrs. but takeovers and buyouts happen, it is just like if you switched jobs if you feel this way maybe you should switch jobs, but the contract with UPS can't be that bad for you, especially with the benefits,