Help.. Letter Box Pu

Rob05

On my route I pick up some letter boxes. Recently I picked up a LB that had 2 packages in it, both had identical barcodes, scanned them, however, my diad only picked it up once (since the barcode was duplicated). I entered in a total of two packages in the total count section. Next day I showed up on some list that says I didn't scan ever package I picked up. Thus I tried to explain to sup that I did pu 2 packages but they had identical barcodes, thats why only one scan shows in diad. Issued a warning letter. Can I file on this?

SmithBarney

Would have taped both packages together... (if they were going to the same address)
(if not they should have gone to the OMS, or whoever handles problem packages)

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
On my route I pick up some letter boxes. Recently I picked up a LB that had 2 packages in it, both had identical barcodes, scanned them, however, my diad only picked it up once (since the barcode was duplicated). I entered in a total of two packages in the total count section. Next day I showed up on some list that says I didn't scan ever package I picked up. Thus I tried to explain to sup that I did pu 2 packages but they had identical barcodes, thats why only one scan shows in diad. Issued a warning letter. Can I file on this?

Have your stew help you write a letter of protest. Send one to your center manager and one to your BA.

As an aside next time, see if your oms can create a corrected barcode and scan it in at that time.

brownrodster

As a driver I take both packages and count it as one. Then I forget about it and let someone else down the line deal with it.

When I was a part time clerk I would simply tape both packages together. Bam - now it's one package.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In the past, I have scanned the first one then in the second I would type in the shipper number and last 3 numbers.
In the comment section, I write duplicate.

Never had an issue in 10 years

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As a driver I take both packages and count it as one. Then I forget about it and let someone else down the line deal with it.

When I was a part time clerk I would simply tape both packages together. Bam - now it's one package.

Good answer. No scan, no record of how it showed up in the system. In Upstates example he risks being asked why he is scanning the same pkg at 2 different stops.

bigbrownhen

What did the center manager say was the proper way to handle this situation? We have all come across duplicate bar codes. A warning letter seems a bit harsh, verbal maybe, but not warning letter, way overboard unless this has happened before.

NHDRVR

start the paperwork...

NHDRVR

I do the exact same thing...

It's funny how, after a while, you can see the problem and know every angle that will be thrown at you the next day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In the past, I have scanned the first one then in the second I would type in the shipper number and last 3 numbers.

MY BAD

I was thinking delivering a duplicate, not picking up

I should of had more coffee, plus I was off all week :happy-very:

Big Babooba

For P/U - Scan 1, record 1 and bring both to the OMS
For delivery - Do as Heff said and bring both labels to the OMS.

tracker2762

MY BAD

I was thinking delivering a duplicate, not picking up

I should of had more coffee, plus I was off all week :happy-very:

On the commercial delivery side I scan first pkg and prerecord then scan and prerecord second pkg. Bring up prerecorded pkg's then LC and DC get signature and left at stop complete.
Residential, I scan and stop complete first pkg then scan second pkg
but hit dup stop before big arrow down and dr stop complete. Also if there is a tracer it will show I delivered two packages with the same tracking number rather then a 6 ditgit and id.

Maybe as said above you should have brought the packages to their attention when you got back to the barn. File on the warning letter as you were trying to make sure every package was accounted for and not to be deceptive. Instead of the warning letter the sup should have showed you the proper way to handle this in the future,but I guess that would have been too easy.

klein

Für Meno :)
An onboard sup showed me a trick. He just grabbed a generic standard sticker from my truck, placed it on second package.

Probably , not the right thing to do. But it sure works.