help me drop weight please

You can always chase your wife around for exercise. The side effect is weight gain in the family,roughly 7.5 lbs every 9 months.

chapeltuno

Good Luckin in losing weight.
1) cut out the smoking.... it affects your bodies metabolism... making it work less efficient
2) Drink approximately one gallon of water for every 180lbs of weight per day. Makes your body function more properly as well as cuts down on your hunger and thirst pains.
3) stay away from caffiene.. dehydrats you!
4) Lifts wieghts before you ride the bikes in the gym etc..and lift for muscle growth instead of toning up...which means do less reps with higher weights. The whole idea here is to increase muscle mass( which weights more) yet burns more calories daily.
5) Eat your meals with a 40/40/20 mix....proteins/carbs/fat....this is grams of each that you consume...a higher protein percentage will keep muscles fed and a low fat % will train your body not to store fat over time.
6) worry less about calories and more about feeling good all day long...this means take smaller meals; split up your meals into 6 small meals rather than 2 or 3 larger meals
7) exercise everyday...don't skip a day...this could cause a relapse so to speak...your body and your mind need a daily schedule..
8) exercise a major body part every 4th day. Don't over train any muscle. Do chest exercises one day, back the next, then shoulders,and legs.
9) do a small muscle group with a major group. chest and tris, back and bis, shoulders with stomach, legs etc.
10) Drink a protein shake to replace a smaller meal. Great source of energy but more importantly protein grams
11) take a total of this many grams of protein a day. Weight x 85%=grams of protein. For you about 190 i believe.
12) Don't weight yourself daily. Water weight fluctuations are huge. Daily weigh ins are not reliable.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Good Luckin in losing weight.
1) cut out the smoking.... it affects your bodies metabolism... making it work less efficient

want to quit bad

2) Drink approximately one gallon of water for every 180lbs of weight per day. Makes your body function more properly as well as cuts down on your hunger and thirst pains.

i need more water i drink about 3 glasses a day

3) stay away from caffiene.. dehydrats you!

I drink diet pepsi but am cutting way down one a day

4) Lifts wieghts before you ride the bikes in the gym etc..and lift for muscle growth instead of toning up...which means do less reps with higher weights. The whole idea here is to increase muscle mass( which weights more) yet burns more calories daily.

I lift after bike and exercise i will try the other way.

5) Eat your meals with a 40/40/20 mix....proteins/carbs/fat....this is grams of each that you consume...a higher protein percentage will keep muscles fed and a low fat % will train your body not to store fat over time.

This i am keeping track of faithfully lots of protein fish but i have been eating white bread bad carbs i think. i started eating wheat bread today.

6) worry less about calories and more about feeling good all day long...this means take smaller meals; split up your meals into 6 small meals rather than 2 or 3 larger meals

i am between 1500 and 1800 calories a day not sure if this is good or bad.

7) exercise everyday...don't skip a day...this could cause a relapse so to speak...your body and your mind need a daily schedule..

i try to go to gym everyday but dont end up there i go 3 times a week

8) exercise a major body part every 4th day. Don't over train any muscle. Do chest exercises one day, back the next, then shoulders,and legs.

thanks

9) do a small muscle group with a major group. chest and tris, back and bis, shoulders with stomach, legs etc.
10) Drink a protein shake to replace a smaller meal. Great source of energy but more importantly protein grams
11) take a total of this many grams of protein a day. Weight x 85%=grams of protein. For you about 190 i believe.

i think that is correct

12) Don't weight yourself daily. Water weight fluctuations are huge. Daily weigh ins are not reliable.

I am weighing myself everyday that is why i am becoming frustrated up and down not reliable scale $30

foundinload

after cruising around over 3 bills for 15 years, i've gone from 315 to 218 (at 5' 8") since last may and am not done yet. here what i do in a nutshell. always eat breakfast. track everything that goes down my gullet. eat smaller meals. never consume less than 1700-1800 calories/day. increase veggie consumption, decrease meat consumption. i still eat anything just not everything. eat whole grains wherever possible. consume good fats (from fish, nuts, olive oil etc). minimal calories from fluids. cut way down on processed foods and fried foods. walk 30-45 minutes 5 times/week. get a good night's sleep as often as possible. these are a collection of small adjustments that really add up.

please send me a message if you would like more detail.

backinbrown

respect my authority
after cruising around over 3 bills for 15 years, i've gone from 315 to 218 (at 5' 8") since last may and am not done yet. here what i do in a nutshell. always eat breakfast. track everything that goes down my gullet. eat smaller meals. never consume less than 1700-1800 calories/day. increase veggie consumption, decrease meat consumption. i still eat anything just not everything. eat whole grains wherever possible. consume good fats (from fish, nuts, olive oil etc). minimal calories from fluids. cut way down on processed foods and fried foods. walk 30-45 minutes 5 times/week. get a good night's sleep as often as possible. these are a collection of small adjustments that really add up.

please send me a message if you would like more detail.

thank you

i thought that less calories was better? why no less 1700 1800

i will message you tomorrow thank you

redshift1

i walk 3 mile on treadmill 20 min miles

and do 20 mins on bike at gym.

guess i am just getting frustrated because i am going back to work soon and i am bigger than when i left in sept. i can hear the abuse now wich motivates me

as far as diet i watch what i eat

i measure what i eat i just don't see the results

my belly looked like i beleive over 9.5's pic with beer on belly now it has dropped lower less towards chest more towards knees lol

but i have noticed that when i look in mirror that even though i am still fat it looks like my stomach has dropped like my wifes when she gave birth, why?

What worked for me was recording how many calories I burned on each machine. Most machines calculate if you enter your weight. I started with
70 minute workouts and a goal of 500 calories. You will also need to get your heart rate above 115-120 for a good workout. Just make sure you are physically sound I saw a cardiologist first and was cleared for vigorousexercise. Once I started burning 1000 calories per workout the weight started to come off.

As far as your stomach it's the hardest part to lose. Most gyms have specific
machines designed to reduce the hips and stomach. Good luck.

backinbrown

respect my authority
What worked for me was recording how many calories I burned on each machine. Most machines calculate if you enter your weight. I started with
70 minute workouts and a goal of 500 calories.

i am doing this but wasn not sure how accurate they was being

You will also need to get your heart rate above 115-120 for a good workout.

i am 42 and my heart rate is in the endurance end of chart

Just make sure you are physically sound I saw a cardiologist first and was cleared for vigorousexercise.

i have not done this

Once I started burning 1000 calories per workout the weight started to come off.

i will now try this thank you

As far as your stomach it's the hardest part to lose. Most gyms have specific
machines designed to reduce the hips and stomach. Good luck.

yes they do but i haven't used yet been doing arms back need to start stomach but kinda feel like i am going to look stupid doing it as big as i am lol

Thanks for you imput

drewed

Shankman
I dont know if I agree with the weights then cardio and the 7 days a week thing.....if you go for the weights first do stretch do a quick warm up (couple mins intermediate speed tredmill and stretch agian then go for the weights. And I think 4 or 5 days a week should suffice, and like steve plan on going before work wake up an hour or so from the time you would getting up to go to work so you can get use to that routine......
And like a couple other people have said 6 meals a day small breakfast, snack, moderate lunch, snack, small dinner, and snack before bed.....the snacks would be like like a trail mix....go to the grocery store where they have the bins of dry nuts, dried fruit, get stuff you like (if you go for coconut go light high in calories) and get a box of cheerios (or other sugar free cereal) mix and get the little zip lock bags like the cookie size ones fill about 3/4 full and that makes a good filling snack

backinbrown

respect my authority
I dont know if I agree with the weights then cardio and the 7 days a week thing.....if you go for the weights first do stretch do a quick warm up (couple mins intermediate speed tredmill and stretch agian then go for the weights. And I think 4 or 5 days a week should suffice, and like steve plan on going before work wake up an hour or so from the time you would getting up to go to work so you can get use to that routine......
And like a couple other people have said 6 meals a day small breakfast, snack, moderate lunch, snack, small dinner, and snack before bed.....the snacks would be like like a trail mix....go to the grocery store where they have the bins of dry nuts, dried fruit, get stuff you like (if you go for coconut go light high in calories) and get a box of cheerios (or other sugar free cereal) mix and get the little zip lock bags like the cookie size ones fill about 3/4 full and that makes a good filling snack

Thanks for advice and new snack ideas i need them

Channahon

Try the South Beach Diet, it has worked for me, more than once.
You can either buy the book or the cookbook. The diet starts similar to Atkins and is rather stringent in the first 30 days, and after that you can introduce good carbs into your diet.

The diet alters your eating habits, that after 30 days, you wonder why you ever ate the way you did before. You can then have some alcohol beverage, nuts, chocolate and whole grain products.

It takes a while to see the weight loss, generally 2 weeks, but once it starts coming off, and you stick with healthy eating habits, you will lose weight and maintain your weight loss.

Good luck

backinbrown

respect my authority
Try the South Beach Diet, it has worked for me, more than once.
You can either buy the book or the cookbook. The diet starts similar to Atkins and is rather stringent in the first 30 days, and after that you can introduce good carbs into your diet.

The diet alters your eating habits, that after 30 days, you wonder why you ever ate the way you did before. You can then have some alcohol beverage, nuts, chocolate and whole grain products.

It takes a while to see the weight loss, generally 2 weeks, but once it starts coming off, and you stick with healthy eating habits, you will lose weight and maintain your weight loss.

Good luck

Thank you

I will read up on south beach diet i have heard of it along with atkins

what did doug heffernan "kevin James" do something like all bacon diet?

drewed

Shankman
Ohhhh snack ideas....
yougurt (low fat)
cottage cheese (low fat) and canned fruit (light syrup)
triscuits (flavored low fat)
turkey jerky, i forget the brand but the brand but a low sodium thing
olives/pickles ( 1/4 cups)

ill come up with more those are just some off the top of my head....
for water intake something that always got me for whatever reason it seeng the amount of water i drink bothered me....i bought a aluminum water bottle (like kleen Kanteen, Sigg) its 40oz and before id drink maybe 60oz a day i can easily fill it up 4-6 times a day PLUS it keeps the water cool not ideal for work outs but just casually sitting around could work for you

backinbrown

respect my authority
Ohhhh snack ideas....
yougurt (low fat)
cottage cheese (low fat) and canned fruit (light syrup)
triscuits (flavored low fat)
turkey jerky, i forget the brand but the brand but a low sodium thing
olives/pickles ( 1/4 cups)

ill come up with more those are just some off the top of my head....
for water intake something that always got me for whatever reason it seeng the amount of water i drink bothered me....i bought a aluminum water bottle (like kleen Kanteen, Sigg) its 40oz and before id drink maybe 60oz a day i can easily fill it up 4-6 times a day PLUS it keeps the water cool not ideal for work outs but just casually sitting around could work for you

even low calorie snacks can kill

yogurt lowfat still has 100 calories so i cant eat ten of them:biting:jk

backinbrown

respect my authority
Well ya... maybe combine it with a handful of nuts or some cheerios if you're eating less in your meals but having the snacks you'll feel fuller longer.

I will do this i am not just saying that

i have got a lot of good advice tonight

Except one guy told me "sew your lips together fatty"

I had to laugh always going to be one person

One out of all these great posts not bad
thanks and keep em coming i can't wait to try

maybe a mixture of all will be the new miracle diet.

SINCERELY thank you all