help me drop weight please

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
OK i have been out on STD for six months now due to motorcycle accident.
and i have put on extra weight.

I am 42 5' 7" and weigh 230 pounds i am UPS grunt "deliver pkgs"

before i was i hurt i was still heavy, and took the daily ribbing about my weight from certain drivers EVERY day put on a smile but cry later lol.

any way i have R.A. Rheumatoid Arthritis and i take prednisone plus like 4 or 5 other meds for my RA trouble is the prednisone packs weight on and although i did my job well at 230 lbs i am not to vain to know i would feel so much better dropping 50 lbs.

here lies my problem i have been watching what i eat portion wise and i signed up for sparks people place were i can keep accurate count of calorie intake every meal every day and they have me on 1500 - 1800 calories a day so i monitor my calorie intake faithfully.

I don't eat the junk food anymore i eat carrots cucumbers, salad light dressing blah blah blah and i also eat a lot of haddock now, and i mean a lot usually have for lunch and supper and snacks.

joined gym doing 3 miles on treadmill and 20 Min's on bike, then i lift weights 30 - 40 minutes. oh yeah i smoke 2 packs a day.

I am really getting frustrated i have been doing this for few weeks to try and get back to miserable shape i was in before accident and i really want to loose this weight, i have 2 sons I'd like to be around for and a beautiful wife.

i Have only lost 3 pounds, and am quickly getting sick of carrots and cucumbers and salad, and the small portions i eat to stay in calorie range.

PAIDOVERINMAINE can back me up he knows me and he has also heard the fatty jokes made at my expense which i laugh off guy is Friend so i don't really want to shove my fist to the back of his skull i just quietly picture it in slow motion.

any advice food wise or exercise wise, or whatever i really am looking for some help and am finding myself getting frustrated over not loosing weight and trying so hard.

i don't want to drop dead delivering package wont be good for the family that i work so hard for.

anyone with RA or knows someone with RA any advice on loosing weight on a med that i have put 50 lbs on taking since 2004,

looking for good advice to live longer and maybe not be so frustrated and just give up.

Thank you

Bottom line is eat less workout more

intake less calories per day than your body burns. when your hungry snack on celery or cucumbers always eat breakfast grapefruit is a good choice and get plenty of bedroom aerobics with a good partner. Even if you dont lose weight you will have fun trying

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
2 packs a day @ $4.00-$5.00 per packs= about $3000.00 per year
I can think of several things to do w/ that cash

there is a new divice out that is supposed to be 95% succesfull in tests done in Europe. Its a Fake cigarette that gives you a burst of nicoteen when you inhale it. dont laugh it really works I will try and find more info for you.

wannabeups

Yes it is a steroid but i don't think it is of the muscle building steroids at least thats what doctor told me, Plus the actual weight gain i have put on 50lbs of fat no muscle

Really not a good medicine helps my R A but damn smokey putting on 50 plus pounds is rediculous, and it makes it even harder to lose weight not impossible they tell me but very hard.

The doctor told me when he prescribed them they would increase my appetite. He gave a week supply of them. The first day I took 7, next day 6, next day 5 till I only took one pill on the last day. I was working out heavy then. I went to Taco Bell got me a HUGE sack of burrito taco, etc. Went thru that sack like "Ex-Lax thru and old widow woman."

I still have lost the weight I put on,

filthpig

You better put those smokes down or you're gonna regret it soon. At your height and weight, that should be you #1 priority. I promise I'm not judging. I smoked for 20 years and just quit last June. Try the nicotine gum. It really takes the edge off.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

intake less calories per day than your body burns. when your hungry snack on celery or cucumbers always eat breakfast grapefruit is a good choice and get plenty of bedroom aerobics with a good partner. Even if you dont lose weight you will have fun trying

You better put those smokes down or you're gonna regret it soon. At your height and weight, that should be you #1 priority. I promise I'm not judging. I smoked for 20 years and just quit last June. Try the nicotine gum. It really takes the edge off.

These guys are both right, but! I've noticed in my own life, that if I undertake to much at one time, I end up quitting. I would start my new lifestyle by curbing the cigs a bit. How much do you smoke in a day? Do 1/2 that. Next, I would keep eating the same way. Don't change your diet, yet. Start a light exercise program. A little cardio, a little weight training. Nothing too much, nothing too heavy.

Walk on the treadmill at a comfortable pace, maybe just under your UPS "brisk" pace. Use the machines for your weight training. Go really light. Let your muscles get used to being used in this way. Do this for 3 months, no matter what you think or feel about increasing and speeding up. Let your body get used to this sort of workout. Don't weigh yourself, not even at the beginning. Just chill and let your body get used to this.

After 3 months, take a look at yourself. How do you feel? Have you kept up with this plan? Is it easy to follow? How's the smoking, were you able to cut it in half? If this plan proved fruitful, continue and boost your levels a bit. Add a bit more weight. A bit more, don't over do it. The same with the cardio, a little faster. Cut the cigs in 1/2 again. This plan takes a bit of time, but it works. In time, you'll see that you've built your new lifestyle on a firm foundation.

You'll be the one in control. In time you'll also notice that you're burning more calories. Your calorie intake should not exceed your output. If you notice yourself now, you're supplying your body with more calories, but your output is way low. You have a full bank, so it's time to start spending some of that excess savings.

In time you'll be in awesome shape. You won't have killed yourself with this and that diet, and all the nicotrol stuff. Granted, this takes time, but if you wanna be around for that family of yours, I think this is the plan for you. Good luck, Brother, and anyone else that takes this advice.:peaceful:

City Driver

its sad to think about honestly, when i see fellow drivers (especially road drivers) who are very overweight many are well over 300 pounds.....AND they smoke......

its like they have no regard for there health at all....

moreluck

golden ticket member
I quit smoking in Sept. I am still amazed at how easily I dropped the habit after 48 yrs. I'm convinced it comes down to motivation. Smokers aren't stupid, they know it's bad for them. But let a doctor tell you about a tumor in your lung and you'll give up cigs. cold turkey. I did. Motivation is everything !!:peaceful:

backinbrown

respect my authority
I quit smoking in Sept. I am still amazed at how easily I dropped the habit after 48 yrs. I'm convinced it comes down to motivation. Smokers aren't stupid, they know it's bad for them. But let a doctor tell you about a tumor in your lung and you'll give up cigs. cold turkey. I did. Motivation is everything !!:peaceful:

More you have a tumor in your lung?

how bad is it?

backinbrown

respect my authority

intake less calories per day than your body burns.

Kinda hard to do that at this time i just sit home on rehab, i go to gym and burn about 600 calories can i survive on less than 600 calories?

when your hungry snack on celery or cucumbers

I eat a lot of carrots and cukes, salad, haddock

always eat breakfast grapefruit is a good choice

i try to eat a breakfast at least wheat toast

and get plenty of bedroom aerobics with a good partner. Even if you dont lose weight you will have fun trying

Bedroom aerobics have slowed down a lot

i just don't feel sexy anymore. LOL

backinbrown

respect my authority
You better put those smokes down or you're gonna regret it soon.

i couldn't agree more

At your height and weight, that should be you #1 priority.

i know but i want to drop the weight first

I promise I'm not judging.

I don't see it as judging me istead i take it as helpfull advice

I smoked for 20 years and just quit last June. Try the nicotine gum. It really takes the edge off.

I have tried the patch ended up smoking with patch on

moreluck

golden ticket member
backinbrown....yes, I have a carcinoid tumor in my left lung. Presently, it is dormant. Thank goodness, because I have been in chemo for 6 months fighting ovarian cancer and have another 6 mos. to a year to go. Those circumstances are what made it so easy for me to quit.

backinbrown

respect my authority
These guys are both right, but! I've noticed in my own life, that if I undertake to much at one time, I end up quitting.

I do the same get overwhelmed or discouraged

I would start my new lifestyle by curbing the cigs a bit. How much do you smoke in a day?

i smoke 2 packs a day and am sick of them yet i light up anyway

Do 1/2 that. Next, I would keep eating the same way. Don't change your diet, yet. Start a light exercise program. A little cardio, a little weight training. Nothing too much, nothing too heavy.

I do elipticle machine treadmill and bike not pushing the weights to heavy just trying to get back in shape for return to work.

Walk on the treadmill at a comfortable pace, maybe just under your UPS "brisk" pace.

Yea trying to at least go brisk del pace, I am doing 19 min mile on treadmill
and 20 mins on bike at 12.5 mph avg speed

Use the machines for your weight training. Go really light. Let your muscles get used to being used in this way. Do this for 3 months, no matter what you think or feel about increasing and speeding up. Let your body get used to this sort of workout.

Not pushing myself to hard but i like to feel the burn or it's like i haven't done anything

Don't weigh yourself, not even at the beginning. Just chill and let your body get used to this.

I have a problem with this and i need to stop i weigh myself couple times a day and it just isn't accurate make me so frustrated

After 3 months, take a look at yourself. How do you feel? Have you kept up with this plan? Is it easy to follow? How's the smoking, were you able to cut it in half? If this plan proved fruitful, continue and boost your levels a bit. Add a bit more weight. A bit more, don't over do it. The same with the cardio, a little faster. Cut the cigs in 1/2 again. This plan takes a bit of time, but it works. In time, you'll see that you've built your new lifestyle on a firm foundation.

3 months seems so far off now but i know it will be here soon enough and hopefully i will see change

You'll be the one in control. In time you'll also notice that you're burning more calories. Your calorie intake should not exceed your output. If you notice yourself now, you're supplying your body with more calories, but your output is way low. You have a full bank, so it's time to start spending some of that excess savings.

Taking in more than i am burning at this time, i burn 600 at gym and take in at least 1500 calories a day, i weigh my food i count all the calories and i am eating a lot better but im not burning enough calories now because i go to gym every other day

In time you'll be in awesome shape.

I hope so i saw your pics and you lost the stay home weight i can only hope i can also

You won't have killed yourself with this and that diet, and all the nicotrol stuff. Granted, this takes time, but if you wanna be around for that family of yours, I think this is the plan for you. Good luck, Brother, and anyone else that takes this advice.:peaceful:

Thanks brother from another mother

backinbrown

respect my authority
its sad to think about honestly, when i see fellow drivers (especially road drivers) who are very overweight many are well over 300 pounds.....AND they smoke......

its like they have no regard for there health at all....

more like i got lazy and i am weak willed i want to be around for my kids but it is not easy

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
i just checked it out and it is interesting but expensive

I dont know how much it costs, but lets say its a thousand bucks thats what 2 packs of cigs a day for 3 half months You are worth more than that. I will loan you the money until you can pay me back if your serius about quitting.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Bedroom aerobics have slowed down a lot

i just don't feel sexy anymore. LOL

Your body burns calories all day, even when you are sitting down doing nothing. Obviosly not as many as when your on a tread mill but never the less a few. You probably burn 2000 a day so if you keep your intake less than that you will be ok. I was off work with a shoulder injury for 2 years so i know its tuff to get to the jim and eating out of bordem is another problem. I purchased a dvd from Dr. A. nerenberg called the couch potato workout which can be done sitting at home with no equipment. It helped me keep the pounds off (not all of them) so it wasnt to bad returning to work. Heres a link to some of his videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/tsullens

Hope it helps.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
These guys are both right, but! I've noticed in my own life, that if I undertake to much at one time, I end up quitting. I would start my new lifestyle by curbing the cigs a bit. How much do you smoke in a day? Do 1/2 that. Next, I would keep eating the same way. Don't change your diet, yet. Start a light exercise program. A little cardio, a little weight training. Nothing too much, nothing too heavy.

Walk on the treadmill at a comfortable pace, maybe just under your UPS "brisk" pace. Use the machines for your weight training. Go really light. Let your muscles get used to being used in this way. Do this for 3 months, no matter what you think or feel about increasing and speeding up. Let your body get used to this sort of workout. Don't weigh yourself, not even at the beginning. Just chill and let your body get used to this.

In time you'll be in awesome shape. You won't have killed yourself with this and that diet, and all the nicotrol stuff. Granted, this takes time, but if you wanna be around for that family of yours, I think this is the plan for you. Good luck, Brother, and anyone else that takes this advice.:peaceful:

I must reiterate, this is the easiest it can be. No killing yourself.

Your body burns calories all day, even when you are sitting down doing nothing. Obviosly not as many as when your on a tread mill but never the less a few. You probably burn 2000 a day so if you keep your intake less than that you will be ok. I was off work with a shoulder injury for 2 years so i know its tuff to get to the jim and eating out of bordem is another problem. I purchased a dvd from Dr. A. nerenberg called the couch potato workout which can be done sitting at home with no equipment. It helped me keep the pounds off (not all of them) so it wasnt to bad returning to work. Heres a link to some of his videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/tsullens

Hope it helps.

I don't really picture you as a couch potato, UK. :wink2:

backinbrown

respect my authority
I dont know how much it costs, but lets say its a thousand bucks thats what 2 packs of cigs a day for 3 half months You are worth more than that. I will loan you the money until you can pay me back if your serius about quitting.

lol UK you are an all right guy

it's 100.00 i may try this when i go back to work money tight now

but thank you for the money offer

i am going to read more about this

and i will let you know if i purchase one.

again thank you