Help me out with the math

upsgrunt

Can someone explain this to me?
Hypothetical situation: One weeks dispatch and you have 2 flat 8 hour days and 3 at 8 hours and 20 minutes. At the end of the week you would have worked 1 hour of overtime, but the OR and your paycheck will only show .99 since 20 minutes is .33. Where does the .01 go? Isn't that 6 seconds? Does this mean it is better to work portions of overtime hours that are divisible by 5?

Just curious- 6 seconds could add quickly among 400,000 employees.
Maybe I think too much.

Big Babooba

Can someone explain this to me?
Hypothetical situation: One weeks dispatch and you have 2 flat 8 hour days and 3 at 8 hours and 20 minutes. At the end of the week you would have worked 1 hour of overtime, but the OR and your paycheck will only show .99 since 20 minutes is .33. Where does the .01 go? Isn't that 6 seconds? Does this mean it is better to work portions of overtime hours that are divisible by 5?

Just curious- 6 seconds could add quickly among 400,000 employees.
Maybe I think too much.
That .01 of an hour's worth of wages are deposited in my Swiss bank account. Thank you!

Re-Raise

If you work 19 minutes it works out to .316 of an hour. If they round up to .32 then I guess you would be ahead in that case. Do they round it or just drop the extra decimal places?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Grunt, it goes deeper than just pay.

IF you take 6 seconds, times 400,000 employees, then divide that by 60 seconds in a minute, then another 60 minutes in an hour, you end up with 666.67 and that number is rounded up.

And we all know what the number 666 represents, dont we?

d

curiousbrain

Grunt, it goes deeper than just pay.

IF you take 6 seconds, times 400,000 employees, then divide that by 60 seconds in a minute, then another 60 minutes in an hour, you end up with 666.67 and that number is rounded up.

And we all know what the number 666 represents, dont we?

d

Obviously, 666 represents, as a sum, the number of letters in the Presidents name - Barack Hussein Obama. Draw your own conclusions.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i can solve this mathematical mystery,, i buy a 12 pack of beer,, i knock back 6,, its a weekday,, i down 2 more,, that puts me at 8 and hurtin the next day,, there ya go

island1fox

:wink2:When management questions hours of overallowed --right or wrong many take exception to that --I would not worry to much about six seconds --much more in life to be concerned about than overallowed or six seconds --chill !!:wink2: