Help me stop running

Faster you go the more work you will get. You are now the rabbit and they will keep giving you more and more. Slow the hell down or you will most definitely burn out! And why would you not want to bring your own AIR in?

BrownThunder

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the feedback.

I'm going to take all my breaks on time including lunch, and just see how it plays out today.

They had me run the route yesterday with Orion turned on so it was a fresh layer of hell that had me scrambling even harder. I decided yesterday afternoon I really needed to stop giving every ounce of myself.

Probably going to miss most of game 2, that's what the dvr is for though.

By The Book

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the feedback.

I'm going to take all my breaks on time including lunch, and just see how it plays out today.

They had me run the route yesterday with Orion turned on so it was a fresh layer of hell that had me scrambling even harder. I decided yesterday afternoon I really needed to stop giving every ounce of myself.

Probably going to miss most of game 2, that's what the dvr is for though.
Unless you like commercials.

BrownThunder

Faster you go the more work you will get. You are now the rabbit and they will keep giving you more and more. Slow the hell down or you will most definitely burn out! And why would you not want to bring your own AIR in?

We have a 6pm cutoff for dropping air back at our hub. If we are late to the drop they will tell us we have to go to the airport.

Dropping my own air means I have to be done with everything no later than 5:15pm so I can jump back on the freeway and haul ass back to the hub in time.

If I just hand over my air to the designated air shuttle at the meet point in our loop, there is no need to be back in the hub by 6pm and I can stay out until 9pm latest (inbound pickup volume cutoff)

Giving my air to the shuttle keeps me out longer and off their radar.

All I would need to do is make sure I keep some work that justifies being out past when I'm usually already in parking the car.

I also need to get my explanation ready for when they start asking what's wrong. They have been singing my praises lately, I thought I was doing everything right.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Every route has lunches and breaks factored in...if and when they have a problem, ask for a ride-along and for them to show YOU how it's done with ORION. I'm sure you are doing a fine job, just be safe, methods, brisk, etc. If you're a cover, you shouldn't be attracting too much attention though.

ArcherUTR

We have a 6pm cutoff for dropping air back at our hub. If we are late to the drop they will tell us we have to go to the airport.

Dropping my own air means I have to be done with everything no later than 5:15pm so I can jump back on the freeway and haul ass back to the hub in time.

If I just hand over my air to the designated air shuttle at the meet point in our loop, there is no need to be back in the hub by 6pm and I can stay out until 9pm latest (inbound pickup volume cutoff)

Giving my air to the shuttle keeps me out longer and off their radar.

All I would need to do is make sure I keep some work that justifies being out past when I'm usually already in parking the car.

I also need to get my explanation ready for when they start asking what's wrong. They have been singing my praises lately, I thought I was doing everything right.

Just tell them that before that you weren't working safely and that you were taking shortcuts. And that behavior had an accident or injury written all over it.

barnyard

KTM rider
When you are covering a bid route, ask the bid holder what time and where he/she typically has lunch and then do the same or similar.

Way back when, I was fortunate to cover a group of 4 routes where the drivers all met for lunch every day. Once you eat lunch at a certain every day for a month, it will be very hard to go past that time when you are on other routes.

Now, when I go out, I have a good idea where I am taking lunch. I very rarely bring something, so that means stopping when I can buy lunch. That gets me out of the truck and many times, visiting with other people.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
one other poster had it right. you'll stop running when you get hurt or hurt someone else.

take it one step at a time. start by taking your breaks and lunch and listen to some music or do something that takes your mind off the job. make sure you use the methods so you don't hurt yourself.

i found out the hardway that "haste makes waste". for some reason i slowed down and did things by the book and actually finished at the same time and sometimes faster. this was especially true in feeder. some drivers would rush around and then think they could BS a little with another driver or go to the breakroom to get a snack.

I'd be out the gate .

wayfair

swollen member
one other poster had it right. you'll stop running when you get hurt or hurt someone else.

take it one step at a time. start by taking your breaks and lunch and listen to some music or do something that takes your mind off the job. make sure you use the methods so you don't hurt yourself.

i found out the hardway that "haste makes waste". for some reason i slowed down and did things by the book and actually finished at the same time and sometimes faster. this was especially true in feeder. some drivers would rush around and then think they could BS a little with another driver or go to the breakroom to get a snack.

I'd be out the gate .

^^^^^^^^^^^

is all hypothetical

BrownThunder

I'm on lunch now with 40 stops left in the truck. It's 2pm and my pickups begin at 3:15pm. Hopefully I'll knock out half and hold on to 20 to get done after my pickup run is complete.

Messed up and didn't take my am break, I won the extra work lottery this morning and had to help another driver with their air stops. He had 10... I had 4, he gave me 5 wtf.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
In some states the diad shuts off at lunch. Where I was, it stayed on all day. I think when it's a 50 state shutoff, the company will lose a ton a money. That's likely years away.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
misery5.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We can't scan anything while on lunch.

In some states the diad shuts off at lunch. Where I was, it stayed on all day. I think when it's a 50 state shutoff, the company will lose a ton a money. That's likely years away.
What's to stop runner/gunner from scanning 20 stops right before they put in lunch then just go deliver them? There is always a work-around.